CoinPeople.com

Dutch coin 5c or token no date can anyone identify?

Russ777

Hi can anyone help identify and date this one? Obviously a dutch item. But what is confusing is there is no date. Surely not an early mule coin. Anyone who can help catalogue this coin I would be most grateful. Of course it might just be a token...

dickens_books_007.jpg

dickens_books_008.jpg

The dates on these 5 cent coins are sneaky. Look to the left of the "5" and you'll see the 19. The rest of the date (I can't quite make it out in your pic) is to the right of the "5."

Thanks Marianne you are right real sneaky it is 1914. Why didn't I notice that! So a coin can anyone give a catalogue value/number? I cannot find another one for sale on the main coin seilling sites...

Russ777

Thanks Marianne you are right real sneaky it is 1914. Why didn't I notice that! So a coin can anyone give a catalogue value/number? I cannot find another one for sale on the main coin seilling sites...

Russ777

KM153 - Value $1.50 in F - 7,400,000 made

Yes a lot made but how do they guage how many have been melted down for silver???

Thanks for the other coin (indian) one too!

Sadly it's not Silver it's Copper-Nickel.

No one really knows how many of a particular type of coin are left,

all you can go from are the mintages at the time and the value in the market today.

The value is just an estimate really.

Unfortunately I doubt you'd get more than a few dollars for it as these particular coins are reasonably common.

Sadly it's not Silver it's Copper-Nickel.

No one really knows how many of a particular type of coin are left,

all you can go from are the mintages at the time and the value in the market today.

The value is just an estimate really.

Unfortunately I doubt you'd get more than a few dollars for it as these particular coins are reasonably common.

Still very interesting thanks!

Archived