CoinPeople.com

British Empire/Commonwealth collection

RHM522

Hi,

I just started collecting British Empire coins and I'm trying to find all the countries that issued coins bearing the portrait or the name of the king/queen from George III. So far I have discovered that the Isle of Man issued coins for George III and Victoria, and Hannover issued coins for George III, George IV and William IV. I am also very familiar with the coins of Jersey, India Canada etc. (the obvious ones). Are there any others I should know about? The 20th century coins are easy for me to find out about, but once I get past that (deeper into Victoria's time) I can only go on what little information I can find here and there on the internet. The coins of Guernsey are nice, but they don't fit my collecting criteria (no portraits or names).

Thanks in advance for help you can give me on this!

P.S., here's my British Empire/Commonwealth collection so far (I really only want to collect George III, George IV, William IV, Victoria, Edward VII, George V, Edward VIII, George VI and Elizabeth II young portrait). I have two other Canadian PL sets, but they don't really show up that well in photos.

http://www.omnicoin.com/user_view.aspx?id=RHM22

I found another one - Gibraltar KM#2 1 quart

Have started to collect the same myself. You can add Rhodesia and Nyasaland, Nigeria, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Mauritius and British West Africa to the list as I have found coins from all of these.The Nova Scotia and Newfoundland coins are Victorian.

Ok, I've added the Canadian provinces. Here's my list so far.

Countries that have issued coins with the name and/or portrait and/or initials of the British monarchs since George III:

Ascension Island

Australia

Bahamas

Belize (formerly British Honduras)

Bermuda

British Caribbean Territories Eastern Group (not a country, but a monetary union that serviced several Caribbean colonies)

British Guiana

British Honduras

British Virgin Islands

British West Africa

British West Indies

Canada

Cayman Islands

Ceylon

Cook Islands

Cyprus

East Africa

East Caribbean States