CoinPeople.com

1740 (Prussian?) coin

Hoppcr01

I have a small, thin coin that has similar imagery to the Maria Theresa Thaler. The edges are worn in places, so I can't make out everything that is written.

On the front there is an image of a bust and it says. D. G. FRID AUG REX (something) & ELECTOR

On the back there is a coat of arms (very similar to the Thaler only the shield is round, not box-like) and it says . 1740 IN PROVINCIIS IVR SAXON PROVISOR & VICAR IVS.

I took a couple of photos but I was unable to get a good shot with my camera.

I have a small, thin coin that has similar imagery to the Maria Theresa Thaler. The edges are worn in places, so I can't make out everything that is written.

On the front there is an image of a bust and it says. D. G. FRID AUG REX (something) & ELECTOR

On the back there is a coat of arms (very similar to the Thaler only the shield is round, not box-like) and it says . 1740 IN PROVINCIIS IVR SAXON PROVISOR & VICAR IVS.

I took a couple of photos but I was unable to get a good shot with my camera.

Sounds like a Saxony 1 Groschen with a portrait of Friedrich August II

Full legend should read - D. G. FRID AUG REX POL DUX SAX ARGENT ELECTOR

"By the grace of god Friedrich August, King of Poland, Duke of Saxony, (Silver?) Elector"

IN PROVINCIIS IVR SAXON PROVISOR & VICARIVS.

"Administrator in the section of Saxon Law and Vicar"

• 3 years later...