CoinPeople.com

Help With Identification

brent

DSC03165.JPGDSC03165.JPGHi

I was going through a bunch of old coins and came across this one.

I have no idea where I got it from.

Can anyone take a look at the pic and help me out?

Due to the limits on the file size the quality is not very good.

The coin is gold one side has what appears to be wheat and the # 6 the other side has a quarter moon, sun, and a pitchfork looking symbol.

Also it appears to have the # 2022 at the bottom which actually looks like it was hand inscribed.

The coin is very rough looking which make me think it could have been hand stamped.

Any Clue?

Thanks

You've attached the picture of one side twice.

The characters look vaguely familiar, but they don't seem to match any of the languages for which the Krause catalogs contain examples of the numbering systems. I'm pretty sure it's Asian, but beyond that ? ? ?

If you crop the picture to eliminate most of the background, you should get a larger image posted, which would definitely help in trying to ID it.

DSC03165.JPGDSC03165.JPGHi

I was going through a bunch of old coins and came across this one.

I have no idea where I got it from.

Can anyone take a look at the pic and help me out?

Due to the limits on the file size the quality is not very good.

The coin is gold one side has what appears to be wheat and the # 6 the other side has a quarter moon, sun, and a pitchfork looking symbol.

Also it appears to have the # 2022 at the bottom which actually looks like it was hand inscribed.

The coin is very rough looking which make me think it could have been hand stamped.

Any Clue?

Thanks

Hi 'brent'. The coin appears to be from Nepal. I checked my reference material with your scanned image. The date is VS2022/1965 AD, however I need the reverse image to determine the denomination. Try submitting a scan of the reverse side next. Thanks. :ninja:

Here is a copy of the reverse side.

Thanks for your help.

Brent

Hi, thanks for posting this. This is a one Paisa coin according to Krause (100 Paisa=1 Rupee). This was issued during the reign of Mahendra Bir Bikram 1955-1971. Take care.