CoinPeople.com

Spanish Navy searches for shipwreck coins

hiho

they just took it

Well, that is how quite a few treasures in this world ended up in places far away from where they originally were ... It is a difficult subject indeed, and may affect pretty much every country that once was either a colonial power or involved in a war.

Christian

Imagine what the United States Navy could recover if they were given the chance...

One of the most fascinating wikipedia articles I've read in a while: Tybee Island Bomb

That is one thing the US Navy has decided NOT to recover.

I'm amazed the bomb didn't explode after hitting the water from 7000 feet. Considering it's speed perhaps it skipped along the surface like a flat rock.

I'm amazed the bomb didn't explode after hitting the water from 7000 feet. Considering it's speed perhaps it skipped along the surface like a flat rock.

It shows you the effectiveness of the armament device. I was reading last night that a modern atomic warhead could hit a wall at Mach 4 and still not release radioactivity or accidentally detonate.

It shows you the effectiveness of the armament device. I was reading last night that a modern atomic warhead could hit a wall at Mach 4 and still not release radioactivity or accidentally detonate.

Based on your information I suppose I can stop worrying about a Bin Laden look-a-like in an empty loft on Broadway with a hydrogen bomb and a massive sledgehammer... :ninja:

Archived