CoinPeople.com

Counterfeit "Replica" Coins

Gopher

I may have missed your posts that explained this topic to us. Would you point to them or explain it again?

I may have missed your posts that explained this topic to us. Would you point to them or explain it again?

Ebay is/was the largest avenue for the counterfeit (replica) coins coming into Canada. This has now been stopped. Ebay was ordered by the RCMP to remove all "REPLICA" Canadian coins because they are illegal. It took 2 years to get the Gov't here to act. Now the education of numismatists here is paramount.

Ebay is/was the largest avenue for the counterfeit (replica) coins coming into Canada. This has now been stopped. Ebay was ordered by the RCMP to remove all "REPLICA" Canadian coins because they are illegal. It took 2 years to get the Gov't here to act. Now the education of numismatists here is paramount.

Ah! Thanks. I hadn't really seen anything about this before.

so all the coins that are stamped replica are no longer comming in?

Myself and others have proven that 99% are not stamped! However, that matters not as it is illegal in Canada to manufacture/posses/buy/offer to buy/sell/etc..... any coin WHICH EVEN RESEMBLE A CURRENT CANADIAN COIN! :ninja:

Archived