CoinPeople.com

Do you collect US commemoratives?

Tiffibunny

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

900039.jpg

I know it's foggy, but I got it as an extra in a large purchase.  I absolutely LOVE the eagle on this coin.  It's one of the very few Olympic Commems I can handle.

If you give that guy a bath in acetone and then de-ionized water, you'll get rid of the fog. Just don't rub it - the acetone will leave scratches. Dip it.

:ninja:

I think that one is beyond the help acetone could give. I've had a few of those olympic dollars. The eagle is a nice'un indeed.

Hate to tell you, but that dark splotching looks like a job for Tarnex. Don't waste money on that "MS-70" stuff. It's worthless and will leave weird looking tracks on your coins.

900039.jpg

I know it's foggy, but I got it as an extra in a large purchase.  I absolutely LOVE the eagle on this coin.  It's one of the very few Olympic Commems I can handle.

What is with the headless, legs cut off naked man and woman on poles?

The original Olympic's were all male events, and yes they participated in the nude, but they had legs and heads! And there were no naked women there. Must be a LA California thing.

:ninja:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...