CoinPeople.com

Dreams about coins

Scottishmoney

Okay my coin withdrawl is getting really really bad.

Last night I dreamt that I was in a line somewhere in a restaurant or eatery, and I looked into the cash register drawer, like I really always do, and there before me was a 1957 Franklin Half, waiting to be adopted into a loving family. :ninja:

I have had other dreams in the past, but this one was kind of funny in a way, I really don't care too much for Franklin Halves, but I like any kind of a silver lining.

Two dreams, well actual one dream and a nightmare, then again they could be both nightmares.

1) Somehow i was in a Victorian counting house, presumably Mr Scrooge had wandered out and i was left to sort out a ton of gold sovereigns piled up on his desk. All shield reverse sovereigns, all in nice grades. I could take whatever i wanted. For some reason i wanted an 1858 one. Well i searched and search and searched and could i find one? No. So i didn't get any at all.

2) The nightmare, i was just laid there on a stone slab in this dark room, the light came on and that's when the Churchill Crown appeared. It was massive, it fell out of the sky and i got crushed. Well i woke up before it hit, but whatever that dream was i don't want it again. Horrible...

Oh, this is one real silly dream of mine:

After learning that the Russians had a 3kg silver coin and the Austrians minted a 32kg gold coin, I dreamt that a 100kg platinum coin is going to be out to surpise me... :ninja:

And just when that happened, a massive ton rock with some wierd inscription declared that it's a coin too. ;)

Oh well that was too brief though... ;)

Okay my coin withdrawl is getting really really bad.

Last night I dreamt that I was in a line somewhere in a restaurant or eatery, and I looked into the cash register drawer, like I really always do, and there before me was a 1957 Franklin Half, waiting to be adopted into a loving family. :ninja:

I have had other dreams in the past, but this one was kind of funny in a way, I really don't care too much for Franklin Halves, but I like any kind of a silver lining.

Sit on my couch as I explain your dream to you.

You travel plans took you through Helsinki, and you were trying to think of a small souviner to bring to a fellow Coinperson. ;)

You travel plans took you through Helsinki, and you were trying to think of a small souviner to bring to a fellow Coinperson. :ninja:

Actually yesterday my son got a souvenir from Soumi from his grandmother, a hat with the Finnish lion, and flag and "Soumi" in white. I will take a pic when he gets home so you can see the Ukrainian Finn wannabee.

You travel plans took you through Helsinki, and you were trying to think of a small souviner to bring to a fellow Coinperson. :ninja:

I could have brought you a nice shiney buffalo nickle, the 2005 variety:)

Oh and then there was that one about the £4 note. Dunno how i'd got it in change but i couldn't get rid of it again.

I needed the money too but i couldn't go to the cash machine incase it started giving out more £4 notes and those elusive £12 notes.

Oh and then there was that one about the £4 note. Dunno how i'd got it in change but i couldn't get rid of it again.

I needed the money too but i couldn't go to the cash machine incase it started giving out more £4 notes and those elusive £12 notes.

Scotland actually had £12 notes until the 1760's, they were the equivalent of an English £1.

Ireland had £2 and £3 notes from some of the banks.

I had a nightmare about a Hillarry! Clintoon $10,000 aluminum coin. It had her image on the obverse and W on the reverse. I was trying to wake up before they issued the comem with her and W holding hands, but I didn't manage it. The $10K coin was dated 2010.......

Now I'm going to need therapy.

I had a nightmare about a Hillarry! Clintoon $10,000 aluminum coin.  It had her image on the obverse and W on the reverse.  I was trying to wake up before they issued the comem with her and W holding hands, but I didn't manage it.  The $10K coin was dated 2010.......

At least it didn't show hillary's reverse :ninja:

I had a nightmare about a Hillarry! Clintoon $10,000 aluminum coin.  It had her image on the obverse and W on the reverse.  I was trying to wake up before they issued the comem with her and W holding hands, but I didn't manage it.  The $10K coin was dated 2010.......

Ever watch the movie Waking Life?

I've dreamed of coins many times in the last 40+ years. My most vivid [which I still remember from 30+ years ago] is me standing at a Houston bus stop {i was attending law school in Houston, texas, at the time].

I happen to scuff the soil near the bus stop sign and I see a flash of silver. It turns out to be a Barber half dollar [minted 1892-1916, for those not familiar with US coinage]. I get on my hands and knees and begin to brush at the dirt.

Lo! and behold! I find many hundreds more Barber halves.

I don't have much interest in the Barber series [except my Dad's birth year, 1915], much less the halves; however, I've had a deep and abiding interest in numismatics since 1959, so I'm not too surprised.

OK, all you amateur [or otherwise] shrinks, analyse this!!

I've dreamed of coins many times in the last 40+ years.  My most vivid [which I still remember from 30+ years ago] is me standing at a Houston bus stop {i was attending law school in Houston, texas, at the time]. 

I happen to scuff the soil near the bus stop sign and I see a flash of silver.  It turns out to be a Barber half dollar [minted 1892-1916, for those not familiar with US coinage].  I get on my hands and knees and begin to brush at the dirt.

Lo! and behold! I find many hundreds more Barber halves.

I don't have much interest in the Barber series [except my Dad's birth year, 1915], much less the halves; however, I've had a deep and abiding interest in numismatics since 1959, so I'm not too surprised.

OK, all you amateur [or otherwise] shrinks, analyse this!!

Sound like you found the diamond in the rough, or in this case the barbers in the crud. :ninja:

Well after watching the National Geographic Channel last night on a story about the SS Central American ship lost at sea with gold and silver coins, I dreamed about being the first to handle and keep the whole bounty to myself. :ninja:

But it was just a dream ;)

Archived