CoinPeople.com

Hello from Englishman in Ukraine

Hello from Englishman in Ukraine.

Just wanted to say Hello :ninja:

Englishman living and working in Ukraine. I collect, trade, buy and sell more banknotes than coins.

Hope some of the members here will be able to help me identify a number of mystery notes I have picked up on my travels.

Happy collecting, John.

A very warm welcome to you John from an Englishman in England! :ninja:

I hope that the members here can help you learn more about the notes you have acquired!

Hmm, I was in Dnepropetrovsk about three weeks ago. It and Poltava are places I hadn't been to before until very recently. Frankly I like it here in Donets'k a lot better than most places in UA. I don't care much for Odessa anymore, and Mariupol(ewww). Hoping to take the family down to Yalta in the next couple of weeks for some sea and fun.

It was funny, when I was in Odessa last fall, I met all types of English speakers there, lots of expats go there and maybe Yalta. Here I haven't encountered many English speakers in the last six weeks or so, mostly Russian and or some Ukrainian here. I am starting to drift some words into conversation that sound more Ukrainian every day.

Very small world as I have been to Donetsk a number of times and will pass through next weekend on my way to visit friends in Lugangsk.

I working in Ukraine for English Russian Language TV an educational chanel that is broadcast throughout Ukraine and Russia along with most other Russian speaking countries. Great fun but I now switch off the TV each time I see myself!

Love the flee markets here but not so many bargains as you might hope for :ninja:

Now I know that you are here perhaps our paths may cross and we can talk collecting over an Obolon or Slavutich ;)

John in Dnepropetrovsk.

Hmm, I was in Dnepropetrovsk about three weeks ago. It and Poltava are places I hadn't been to before until very recently. Frankly I like it here in Donets'k a lot better than most places in UA. I don't care much for Odessa anymore, and Mariupol(ewww). Hoping to take the family down to Yalta in the next couple of weeks for some sea and fun.

It was funny, when I was in Odessa last fall, I met all types of English speakers there, lots of expats go there and maybe Yalta. Here I haven't encountered many English speakers in the last six weeks or so, mostly Russian and or some Ukrainian here. I am starting to drift some words into conversation that sound more Ukrainian every day.

Archived