CoinPeople.com

What countries do you focus on?

Ætheling

What you don't focus upon Plutonian or Venusian? (or this new planet they've just found?)  ;)

Simply because postal taxes are too expensive... and must wait too much time until they come :ninja:

Nope, no country is essentially differentiable from another based on their coinage. I mean, as an American, I am patriotically loyal to America, but the money is really second-class, so the attraction in US coins has to be the history, the Wild West, the Founders, the great industrialists, etc. Just about any coin, banknote, medal, scrip, chit, token, stock, draft, or whatever, will fit into my broad theme of collecting artifacts of the highest expression of human reason. I do have my favorites, of course, but not by country.

Basically: countries I've visited: The Netherlands, Finland, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Belgium, Luxumbourg, England, Wales, Scotland, Russia, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, Canada.

there's two exceptions: US and South Africa. I collect from those countries, but haven't been there. Reason: some day in the future I'll come in these countries and then I already have a head start :ninja: And as extra reason for US coins: it makes trading with the many US members here a lot more easy

It used to be the US.

Then I discovered the Darkside and went crazy buying everything.

Now it's mainly Great Britain (England, mostly).

But, since I just sold my US Type Set, I'll start one again soon.

USA, Canada and Belize are my main three countries. I collect stuff from all over the world through my moving and travels, but those are my three focus countries right now.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, Fat girls need love too...or so I am told

I collect U.S. but getting real bored with dead Presidents so I have turned to Canada and Europe (thanks to the euro) and have expanded heavily. Really like many of the classics so I have a LONG way to go and must somehow narrow my focus to certain areas. Many European collectors have traded actively with me since the introduction of the euro and without them I would not have near what I do now. Hopefully my contacts and friendship will continue as I explore all the history of Europe that we were never taught in school over here. Been very educational and a great ride these past 4 years and my only regrets is NOT starting a world collection much sooner in life!

This week, the correct answer is:

1. Great Britain (decimal issues, 1968-date)

2. Yugoslavia - rapidly running out of material within my budget from here.

3. USSR

4. former Yugoslav states (Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Slovenia)

5. former USSR states

6. Canada

These are the 6 main areas of my collection, however their order and priority change on a weekly basis, depending on what I find on eBay, what I can snatch up from 28plain or Blackhawk, or what shows up unannounced in my mailbox!! For personal and professional reasons, the British decimal will remain #1 focus until further notice.

Archived