CoinPeople.com

Beautiful women on coins

syzygy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful ladies all. Strange thing, I'd never noticed the wings on the onza until it was pointed out. :ninja:

In my travels the lowest ratio of lovely ladies was sadly in the United States. :ninja:

There are quite a few stinkers in America for sure but there are some real lovelies in the south if you ask me ;)...I think the least amount of Lovely ladies I have seen in my travels would be in Aberdeen Scotland (I mean no disrespect)...The place itself has lovely countryside but ugly grey buildings...I go there every other year and I dont think I have seen one lady I felt was good looking, they all seem rather rough, the men are even worse...they say they are speaking English but damned if I dont need an interpreter...Then maybe Russia. I went there and I swear I didnt see a single good looking woman, the women there were ROUGH I tells ya. Probably all in where you go...I am sure there are probably a few lookers in Scotland and Russia if I went to the right areas ;) But it seems as though the Scandinavian countries have soooooo many good looking ladies...must be in the genes.

There are quite a few stinkers in America for sure but there are some real lovelies in the south if you ask me :ninja:

BTW I thought your wife was from another part of the world, knowing more than I will let onto here in public?

At least here in Ukraine I don't need an interpreter, most people do speak Russian as I do. However in Britain I might well to need an interpreter, I have talked to people on the phone there and literally needed to have what they were saying translated into something intelligible.

Yes, I can vouch for Scandinavian women being lovely, but Ukrainian women are their relatives, descended from the Vikings that came here in time of Rurik in 9-10th centuries. I have been a few places, notably the city of light where the women looked good, but smelled bad(like stale perfume over days of sweat) and had haughty attitudes. In travelling in Europe the fat women are all American or British travellers. Obesity is very rare here in Ukraine, more likely women are too skinny if anything. Women are very very conscious of their looks here.

My wife is from Pakistan....I like all types of women :ninja: In Europe I see MANY fat women and men...this is why I always wonder why they typify just Americans and Brits as having this problem. The more I travel the more I find stereotypes to be unfounded or overblown. I even found a good amount of fatties in Pakistan ;) Even though I loves the Scandinavian women...there was a good percentage in Denmark and Norway that could certainly be called overweight....same with places like Spain, Italy,Greece and Germany. I cant say anything about Eastern Europe as I have never been, I have been to Russia and there was no lack of ugly old fat ladies and plump younger ladies....in Moscow which is the only place I went there.

I have a feeling there are lovely ladies all over and fat people all over as long as there is fast food and/or over abundance.

Someone the other day pointed out as we drove how within a few miles of where we lived...there was pretty much every type of food from all over the world being sold. Just within a few miles of where I live, one can eat Americana (chicken fried steak and the like), multiple burger joints, taco bell (nasty tacos), long john silvers (greasy deep fried fish), multiple pizza joints....almost every fast food place known to man...then there are restaurants...Multiple Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, and Chinese, several Indian food places, sandwich shops, Multiple TexMex and other Mexican fair, German, French, Italian, Brazilian....steak houses...several BBQ places...seafood...Cajun...soul food...Many of these restaurants are buffets...then you have the donut shops, ice-cream shops, candy shops, cakes, pies...you name it...they sell it...and probably cheap. I am sure I am missing quite a few but I think you get the idea...almost every possible type of food is offered up...packed within just a few miles of most people in a city in America...In such a situation it does not shock me that people get fat. At one time such a thing did not exist...in many places such a thing still does not exist. People overload on convenient cheap food and take quantity over quality. There is a Macdonalds on the Champs-Elysees and a Pizza Hutt close to my wifes family home in Karrachi, and it aint just americans eating there...;)

10035b.jpg

Otacilia Severa, wife of Philip I., Augusta, 244-49 AD., Antoninianus, 4,88 g., mint of Rome, 244-246 AD.

Obv.: MARCIA OTACIL - SEVERA AVG , diademed, draped bust right on crescent.

Rev.: PVDICITIA AVG , Pudicitia veiled, seated left, drawing veil with right hand and holding scepter.

RIC 123c ; C. 53 ; Sear 2532 .

• 1 month later...

YOC, you have a point, but from contemporary accounts her curves were the opposite of attraction, and in fact when she passed away in 1714 they could barely squeeze her in her coffin. It was said she had gotten so large that she had to be wheeled around on a sedan chair.

Interesting thread. Here is a 50 Gourdes silver proof from Haiti 1973 with an exotic beauty on the reverse. I hope the image is clear enough.

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/sa...pg&newest=1

Haiti 50 Gourdes 1973-obv.

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/sa...pg&newest=1

Haiti 50 Gourdes 1973-rev.

I even found a good amount of fatties in Pakistan :ninja:

That I can easily imagine! I work in an area that is predominantly Pakistani and the vast majority of the women are tending towards the larger side.

That said, I do think Pakistani and Indian women (the slimmer ones at least) are by far the most attractive women around, I love the colourful clothing, especially the saris, so feminine. You're a lucky man indeed to be married to an Asian.

As a side note, I have to point out that British people on the whole tend to be getting fatter.

YOC, you have a point, but from contemporary accounts her curves were the opposite of attraction, and in fact when she passed away in 1714 they could barely squeeze her in her coffin. It was said she had gotten so large that she had to be wheeled around on a sedan chair.

Never mind 1714 when she died! Even as early as 1702 when she became queen she had to be carried to her coronation because of her gout and weight problems. Anne was suffering from health problems throughout her reign; weigh, gout, miscarriages and the fact that all 14 or so children and her husband predeceased her, not to mention her many political conflicts between her and her friends and MPs. All in all I get the picture that her reign was a pretty tragic time for her personally.

Archived