CoinPeople.com

New Coin, You Like???

tmoneyeagles

Can't tell but it does look like a high mint mark maybe very high. Just wondering are you using one light source?

I take all my pictures angled, where my camera is going downward, and I am almost hovering over the coin.

The light on the ceiling fan is on above me, and I also use the flash on my camera

I take all my pictures angled, where my camera is going downward, and I am almost hovering over the coin.

The light on the ceiling fan is on above me, and I also use the flash on my camera

Ah, Bobh and TomD would be the better person for this. But If you can set up at least two lights (Hopefully full spectrum bulbs) at angles to the coin. And turn off the flash. (Most of the time that seems to wash out colors.) Also if possible use a camera stand. I don't have one myself, but set it up close to the edge of the table and lean both arms against the table to steady the shot. You may have to play around positioning the lights to keep down glare. Using something like a real thin paper to work as a diffuser helps also. Go as high as possible DPI. Fast and easy way go outside in full sunlight and take the shots.

Here is a link to some threads on it. 1 2

Actually I need to go back thru them my self. Part of my set up is hosed. One of my goose neck lamps switch went out. Saying this to myself. "Hey I'm an electrician just fix it." Really just need to remember to buy a new one.

• 2 years later...

Archived