CoinPeople.com

The "I'm bored" Contest rerevisited

It seems this is the third year I've been unable to think of a better name for a contest! Hah! Anyway, it's time I hold another contest to give back to this great coin community! This year will be another scavenger hunt, because last years seemed like a pretty good success.

Unlike last year when it was just random fox images I found, this one will have a centralized theme around foxes and education. Remember, you are trying to find the exact images that I had found online and match each to the appropriate description.

The rules are:

1) Post 2 guesses PER DAY on 2 separate clues

This allows for 4 image postings by you each day (2 per clue)

2) You may post the same image that someone else has posted if you think it is the correct guess

3) You must label each image you post so I know which guess you are shooting for!

4) Once all 10 images are found I will announce it (but not say which ones are correct) and those who have been participating will then post their final 10 guesses based on what is available in this thread.

From those final 10 guesses I will find a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner based on accuracy and time posted. Good luck everyone!

Here are the first set of ten clues (I will post more clues if you are having trouble)

(Remember these are loosely based on subjects found in schools)

1 F is for... (Early Childhood Reading)

2 Fox stares at the reader (Childhood Reading)

3 The fox in (Early Childhood Reading)

4 A ledger is filled (Economics)

5 Aesop's tongue (Philosophy)

6 Fox burning (Art)

7 Mesopotamia's Roman equivalent (Archeology)

8 Bones that howl (Paleontology)

9 Vulpecula (Astronomy)

10 Kitsune (Foreign language)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I understand the posting rules. I can guess two images for one clue? Or I can guess 1 image for every clue and i can guess up to 2 clues at a time?

3) Fox in.... SOCKS

fox%20in%20socks.jpg

06_foxsox39_250.jpg

9) Vulpecula

webvulpecula4stars.jpg

Vulpecula2.jpg

I'm not sure I understand the posting rules. I can guess two images for one clue?

You got it. :ninja:

I'm glad to see more people have joined, wouldn't want to make this too easy on Thedeadpoint would we? :ninja:

You guys are going in the right direction with most of the guesses, keep it up! ;)

This contest seems harder than last years. Last year, you could pretty easily pick out which pictures you found. But in the 3 or 4 searches I've done, there are a lot of contenders.

This contest seems harder than last years. Last year, you could pretty easily pick out which pictures you found. But in the 3 or 4 searches I've done, there are a lot of contenders.

The second round of clues will help clear up things more. I am confident you guys will find them pretty fast once I start giving more clues.

Just remember the category they relate to and it will be easier.

3. The fox in --- I'm going with the socks image tdp posted.

fox%20in%20socks.jpg

7. Mesopotamia's Roman equivalent

Minerva.jpg

So far it seem like they are kinda hard...Later tonight or Sunday I will give ten additional clues if need be. :ninja:

1 F is for... (Early Childhood Reading)

2 Fox stares at the reader (Childhood Reading)

3 The fox in (Early Childhood Reading)

4 A ledger is filled (Economics)

5 Aesop's tongue (Philosophy)

6 Fox burning (Art)

7 Mesopotamia's Roman equivalent (Archeology)

8 Bones that howl (Paleontology)

9 Vulpecula (Astronomy)

10 Kitsune (Foreign language)

Sorry, I've had a busy day. :ninja:

Anyway here are the ten new clues. Anyone can join at anypoint up until the final 10 are found, so join in guys!

1) F is for running?

2) Creepy eyes

3) (Does this really need a second clue!?) This book is DANGEROUS (actual quote from the preface)

4) A foxes BOTTOM LINE

5) Why would a fox sit by a lion?

6) Grey walls Red foxes

7) Bas relief with mother fox

8) Tar pit dropout

9) Fox and goose but-heads with a swan (lightly colored)

10) Kitsune left, Neko right

I hope these help a bit. ;)

1)

redfoxrunning.gif

9781842705520.jpg

I'm guessing number 3 is solved by one of us.

5)

AESOPSdoreCOVER.jpg

OK. I can only post 4, so I'll post 3 instead. I think the clues (most) are very helpful!! Also, I'm ok if no one else wants to compete.

Archived