CoinPeople.com

Hello! I am new, need a little help! PLEASE =)

cubase

What's it worth? (USD)  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you say is this lot worth? (USD)

• 0-100
    • 100-300
    • 300-500
    • 500-800
    • 800-1000
    • 1000 and BEYOND! =D

Hello everyone! I am new to this and thus need your help... i need to know how much is this lot worth.

Around 1000 Russian Czar rubles dating from 1898 to 1912 in values form 1 to 500.

The quality varies hugely... all of them are in 1 piece and at least 1/3 of them are Good to F to XF

So how much do you think the lot is worth and are there still people interested in such notes? (THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT! Just to be clear with the mods... :ninja:) I am NOT LOOKING TO SELL THIS LOT HERE!

Vote on the poll and comment with any useful tips n hints.

Hi Cubase!

Unfortunately, it's just about impossible to say without some photos. The reason why is that there are seom signature combinations that woudl be worth more than others. In some instances, a note in VF can be worth more than a similar note in UNC depending on the signatures on the notes.

If it's possible, please post any photos of the notes with their signatures visible - that should help a lot.

Hi Cubase!

Unfortunately, it's just about impossible to say without some photos. The reason why is that there are seom signature combinations that woudl be worth more than others. In some instances, a note in VF can be worth more than a similar note in UNC depending on the signatures on the notes.

If it's possible, please post any photos of the notes with their signatures visible - that should help a lot.

OK... let's say they are all with the less rare signatures?

OK... let's say they are all with the less rare signatures?

Well... then I'd say a couple of dollars each in the stated conditions.

It's just a guess. Guessing anything more without being able to see them first wouldn't be very wise.

Well... then I'd say a couple of dollars each in the stated conditions.

It's just a guess. Guessing anything more without being able to see them first wouldn't be very wise.

OK, I now took some random pictures of 4 different state cashier signatures i found on the notes... what do you think?

10rbl.JPG

1rbl.jpg

3rbl.jpg

5rbl.jpg

Hello

the russian notes from 1898-1917 have a large variety of cashier signature, around 50 or so, and 4 governors of the Bank.

for example, all the 4notes are sign by SHipov and: Ovcinikov on the 10 r. 1909, M. Osipov on the 1 r. 1898, A. Bilinski on the 5 r. 1909 note and V. Shaghin on the 3 rouble 1905.

also the serial variety can be a clue for a sub type. for example a 500 roubles 1912 with the Konshkin signature have a serial starting with letters AA-AI( aproximate, i dont have a catalogue here,... or D?) and Shipov also with first letter A.

but SHipov ones starting with the chirilic G( like a bended I) are printed after 1917...

a complete signature colection is imposible to find.

people concentrate on the first signature and not the second. as far as i know, only the cassier Brut is hard to find. all the other can be rare or common but only if the first signature is rare or common

Hello

the russian notes from 1898-1917 have a large variety of cashier signature, around 50 or so, and 4 governors of the Bank.

for example, all the 4notes are sign by SHipov and: Ovcinikov on the 10 r. 1909, M. Osipov on the 1 r. 1898, A. Bilinski on the 5 r. 1909 note and V. Shaghin on the 3 rouble 1905.

also the serial variety can be a clue for a sub type. for example a 500 roubles 1912 with the Konshkin signature have a serial starting with letters AA-AI( aproximate, i dont have a catalogue here,... or D?) and Shipov also with first letter A.

but SHipov ones starting with the chirilic G( like a bended I) are printed after 1917...

a complete signature colection is imposible to find.

people concentrate on the first signature and not the second. as far as i know, only the cassier Brut is hard to find. all the other can be rare or common but only if the first signature is rare or common

Eeemh... no clue what you just said :ninja: Sorry i am really new!

So that's it for the moment... since i myself am a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to this i was hoping for you guys to tell me weather any of the signature sets is worth more than just a few bucks, also you can see some quality from these. And the estimated 1000 turned out to be 175 at first... will search some more

Also the images of 100's and one 500 are missing and a few of the signature sets got lost during posting but the hour is late and im turning in. Maybe post em tomorrow.

Well, from what I can tell, you ain't rich! But I think you probably knew that already, eh?

Most of what I've seen are the most common signatures - Konshin and Shipov signatures. There's a couple Timashev but nothing to get too excited about.

There is one that you should provide better whole note scans of though: THe first one you posted under the heading of "Tens" - This note has the signature of Timashev, and if it's the 1898 series it could possibly be worth 'more than a few bucks', depending on condition.

Well, from what I can tell, you ain't rich! But I think you probably knew that already, eh?

Most of what I've seen are the most common signatures - Konshin and Shipov signatures. There's a couple Timashev but nothing to get too excited about.

There is one that you should provide better whole note scans of though: THe first one you posted under the heading of "Tens" - This note has the signature of Timashev, and if it's the 1898 series it could possibly be worth 'more than a few bucks', depending on condition.

Nah... sadly its still 1909 and also one of the poorest quality in the whole bunch...

from all, except for the first from ONE, with Pleske signature and TEN, the first, Timashev signature, all are common.

these two are a little bit hard to find but nothing extra...

one final suggestion. try to see if the 5 rouble 1909 with only 2 letters and 3 numbers in serial number have errors (one serial up and another down). it must be something like AY 001 up and YA 001 down or AY 04 up and YA 004 down.

Archived