CoinPeople.com

Soviet Union coin

hoanganh

:ninja:

I am a Vietnamese.

I interested Soviet Union coins and I building Soviet Union coins by date.

I will very happy when you offer me Soviet Union coins.

I can buy or swap.

Thanks

The forum rules require 30 days of membership and 25 or more posts before participating in any form of advertising. Please comply.

Where I can buy Soviet Union coins ?

Help me, Please !

Depends on what kind of Soviet coins your looking for. Some of the more common coins can be purchased in coin shops. I don't know how many coin dealers you have in Vietnam, but you can check it out. The more high end coins however, can often be found online (i.e. Ebay and other sites). Again, it really depends on what you're looking for, and how much you're willing and able to spend. I hope this is of some help.

most are quite cheap, of course the sliver pieces of the 20's cost that bit more to get, once you reach the 30's its more or less easy to get a hold of bar a few dates.

i use this as a rough guide when looking

picked up a 1928 5 kopecks from my dealer in the bargain 10p bin just the other day in fact :ninja:

try ebay, usualy a fair few bulk lots.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DJB' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:17 PM' post='437651'

Depends on what kind of Soviet coins your looking for. Some of the more common coins can be purchased in coin shops. I don't know how many coin dealers you have in Vietnam, but you can check it out. The more high end coins however, can often be found online (i.e. Ebay and other sites). Again, it really depends on what you're looking for, and how much you're willing and able to spend. I hope this is of some help.

Thank you very much for your information.

Vietnam have not Numismatic shop so I did not find coins that I interested.

I bought Soviet coins form e.bay and exchange with collector on the world.

I very interested if you introduce me some website where I can buy Soviet coins.

If you have Soviet coins for sale, please offer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hoang Anh

[quote name=DJB' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:17 PM' post='437651'

Thank you very much for your information.

Vietnam have not Numismatic shop so I did not find coins that I interested.

I bought Soviet coins form e.bay and exchange with collector on the world.

I very interested if you introduce me some website where I can buy Soviet coins.

If you have Soviet coins for sale, please offer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hoang Anh

Try Alex Basok or Joel Anderson.

A google search for "Soviet coins" will find other sources.

*edited to add that for the "Joel Anderson" link given above, you will need to scroll down the page where you will find this listing:

"U.S.S.R. COIN SET

SOVIET UNION 7 COIN SET: 1 - 20 KOPECKS

The seven coins in this set were issued shortly before the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. The set includes the 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 Kopecks dating between 1989 and 1991 in Uncirculated condition. One side of the coin features a hammer and sickle enveloping the earth. The other side has the date and denomination. It is an interesting and inexpensive reminder of the "evil empire".

Item RU-USSR7SOVIET UNION 7 COIN SET 1 - 20 KOPECKS, KM126a-132 UNC.$6.00"

It should also be noted that both Alex Basok and Joel Anderson are established dealers who enjoy good reputations. Molotok.ru is very much like ebay in that many fakes are offered there.

:ninja:

I am a Vietnamese.

I interested Soviet Union coins and I building Soviet Union coins by date.

I will very happy when you offer me Soviet Union coins.

I can buy or swap.

Thanks

The forum rules require 30 days of membership and 25 or more posts before participating in any form of advertising. Please comply.

buy a book first by Fedorin so you can see the variety of Soviet coins period by date

the best place to buy these coins is molotok.ru ;);)

Dear hoanganh,

The forum rules clearly state that you MUST have at least 25 posts and be a member of this forum for 30 days in order to buy / sell / trade with members of coinpeople. This rule exists so that forum members at coinpeople can get to know you better as well as you showing to everyone that you are not a spammer. This means that you must have at least 25 posts by 3rd of July 2009. You cannot post about your wants until then. If you choose to ignore this, you are not welcome to post in this forum and will be blocked from all future posts. If you have any further questions, you can pm me about it.

As some forum members suggested, you may get coins from ebay, Joel Anderson, and Alex Basok. I personally don't recommend molotok.ru as sellers from Russia normally do not send coins overseas and the current Russian laws prohibit anything older than 1957* to be shipped overseas. This is because there is a strict cultural law and if anyone is found to be breaking the law, they will be in jail.

*edit: Grivna1726 has informed me that anything older than 50 years cannot be shipped out of Russia legally. This would mean that anything older than 1959 cannot be shipped out this year. If anyone knows better about this law, please let everyone know. Thank you.

*edit: Grivna1726 has informed me that anything older than 50 years cannot be shipped out of Russia legally. This would mean that anything older than 1959 cannot be shipped out this year. If anyone knows better about this law, please let everyone know. Thank you.

I found this 2006 post on a quick search. I think this has probably been discussed here in other threads as well. :ninja:

As some forum members suggested, you may get coins from ebay, Joel Anderson, and Alex Basok. I personally don't recommend molotok.ru as sellers from Russia normally do not send coins overseas and the current Russian laws prohibit anything older than 1957* to be shipped overseas.

The whole point for novice is that first get a book by Fedorin, which was passed in silence.

One of the main point that I have mentioned house molotok is that there is a largest selection of USSR coinage fot buying as well as for observing/learning/studying/ giving the idea what to collect, what condition, what dates, etc.

When I say the largest - it is a thousands of coins, not availble so much anywhere else in the world!

I just reviewed about a hundred auctions in category 1917-1991 and many offer the following services:

Я согласен высылать лот за границу

In English - agree to send a lot abroad.

Even 1958 10 kop can be shiped out.

The quick link by grivna's reference, is related to imperial coinage 1700-1917, which apparently cannot be shipped out of russia, and it is not of the topic being discussed here at this time, nore a member from Vietnam who is not allowed to ask here yet :ninja:

• 1 month later...

" *edit: Grivna1726 has informed me that anything older than 50 years cannot be shipped out of Russia legally. "

I am a Vietnamese collector so I never buiding Soviet numismatic collection ! :ninja:;);)

I will not buy or swap Soviet coins ! ;);)

HELP ME !

" *edit: Grivna1726 has informed me that anything older than 50 years cannot be shipped out of Russia legally. "

I am a Vietnamese collector so I never buiding Soviet numismatic collection ! :ninja:;);)

HELP ME !

First you said you want to know where you can buy Soviet coins ("I can buy or swap") and your question was answered.

Now you say you won't buy or swap Soviet coins.

Then you go here (7 minutes after you posted the above message in this thread) and ask where you can buy 1980 Olympic coins.

Please make up your mind.

HELP ME !

when you say Soviet coins - what do you mean? There are few meanings under this (collecting by date, or just commemorative, or sets, or proof, or all by weight, only rubles, only gold, only nickel, only silver - can you see how many developnet you can find there) - pls explain, so you can get a help, be specific responding what i am asking you, OK? :D

I am a Vietnamese collector so I never buiding Soviet numismatic collection ! ;););)

I will not buy or swap Soviet coins ! ;):D

HELP ME !

no help for cheateres :ninja:

Archived