CoinPeople.com

ANA Membership

Art

I've been an ANA member since the 1970's with a few long periods that I did not belong. Always liked the ANA and enjoy the Numismatist. In fact I have quite a few old Numismatists that I'd been using for research on ANA Badges and Medals. When my membership lapsed about 18 months ago, I did not renew it. Mostly for cost reasons but also because I was upset with the way they were handling those lawsuits and such. Please, I'm not trying to start a debate we have a forum for that.

Anyway early this year I received a questionairre from Bowers and Merena. For responding they provided a one year ANA membership. Not a bad "reward" for taking a few minutes to answer some fairly generic questions. No personal data was asked for other than the name and address to secure the ANA membership or your ANA number to extend your existing membership. Got a letter about three weeks ago that all was being processed. My Numismatist came in yesterday's mail.

Regardless of what you might think about the ANA and its direction, I think you'd agree that the Numismatist is a fine publication. Always lots of interesting articles ranging from Ancients to Moderns, with some Exonumia thrown in for extra enjoyment. I'm sorry that I missed last month's issue now as I've read they had a terrific article on Short Snorters. I like Short Snorters.

I believe now you can access the Numismatist online, including back issues, so all may not be lost for your short snorter article. If I can find my hard copy I'll send the article to you if you can't find it, just let me know.

I believe now you can access the Numismatist online, including back issues, so all may not be lost for your short snorter article. If I can find my hard copy I'll send the article to you if you can't find it, just let me know.

Thanks Jeff. I'll check their website later tonight.

I wish I came across the B&W offer! I would be interested in an ANA membership but I can't justify the costs right now.

I think it was limited to people who had registered or bid at one of their recent auctions.

Jeff,

Found the article on the ANA website. In fact the May issue of the Numismatist had a bunch of short snorter articles. Thanks for your help.

Archived