CoinPeople.com

The Hyderabad Mint

Shariq Khan

The Hyderabad Mint started its coin production under the Nizam's Rule. It was the first mint recognized by British Indian Official due its remarkable coin quality. Before Independence coins related to Hyderabad Native State was minted their but after Independence Hyderabad Mint(Mint Mark = "Star") produces excellent circulatory and UNC, Proof Coins of Republic India.

Some Coins of Hyderabad Mint Before Independence

1. One Anna Coin of Hyderabad Native State

hydobv1.jpg

hyderev1.jpg

Details Available at - Indian Coins-Numismatics

Coins After Independence

1. Aluminum Bronze - Commemorative Coin(20 Paise) - Mahatma Gandhi's Birth Centenary - Issued in 1969

gandhiobv.jpg

gandhirev.jpg

2. Nickel Brass - 20 Paise Coin - with National Flower Lotus

Lotus20Paiseobv.jpg

lotus20paiserev.jpg

Above two coins bears Mint Mark of Hyderabad "Star" near the bottom below the year .

More Details Available at -Bronze and Brass Coins of India

Very nice coins. I've always like the coins with different shapes such as the One Anna you posted.

Thanks NumisMattic2200

My avatar coin is dated back to 2nd -3rd Century BC known as Tribal Coin -Type 1 (PRINCEP ) of Ujjaini. It has many symbols as I discussed earlier on Coinpeople.com . Four rings connected across symbol is known as Ujjaini Symbol. There is also a tree in fence to the left of it. Above it Pond of water with Fish and Turtle accompanied with Six Armed Symbol and River at the bottom. This coin is believed to circulated inside the city and not a imperial coin.

Thanks NumisMattic2200

My avatar coin is dated back to 2nd -3rd Century BC known as Tribal Coin -Type 1 (PRINCEP ) of Ujjaini. It has many symbols as I discussed earlier on Coinpeople.com . Four rings connected across symbol is known as Ujjaini Symbol. There is also a tree in fence to the left of it. Above it Pond of water with Fish and Turtle accompanied with Six Armed Symbol and River at the bottom. This coin is believed to circulated inside the city and not a imperial coin.

That's pretty interesting Shariq, your avatar looked very abstract until you described each scene taking place. I can see each detail very clearly now, thank you for sharing. I've always been interested in non-European ancient coins, unfortunately there is very little information to be found on them. It's nice to have some members who seem to know about this field of numismatics.

Hi Shariq,

What are the other mints in India/Southern Asia?

Dear theheadpoint

The present mints of Independent India are

1. Mumbai - Whose mint mark is a small "." i.e dot or diamond

2. Noida - whose mint mark is a thick dot.

3. Calcutta - No Mint Mark

4. Hyderabad - whose mint mark is "star"(in the middle or below the middle of the year) as I discussed above

All mint marks generally found below the year

Some of the current circulatory coins of India also minted at International Locations, some of them are

1. Heaton Press Mint (Birmingham) - Mint Mark "H"

2. Royal Mint of Cananda (Ottawa) - Mint Mark "C"

3. Moscow - M

4. Seoul (Korea) - Mint Mark "Star" below the last digit of Year

5. Taegu (Korea) - Mint Mark "Star" below the first digit of Year

6. Royal Mint UK(London) - Mint Mark "Daimond" below the first digit of the year

many others

Before Independence India has many Native and Princely States having hundreds of different Mints and Mint Marks and Also during Mughals the number of Mints was more than 200.

Regards

Shariq Khan

http://coinsindia.info

That's pretty interesting Shariq, your avatar looked very abstract until you described each scene taking place. I can see each detail very clearly now, thank you for sharing. I've always been interested in non-European ancient coins, unfortunately there is very little information to be found on them. It's nice to have some members who seem to know about this field of numismatics.

Thanks Vfox

I am happy to share the details of Indian Coins with you and other members. Feel free to ask me about Indian Coins and I will try to give you the details up to the extent of my knowledge.

In the meantime check one more coin from Hyderaband Mint

This 10 Paise Coin

tenpaiseobv.jpg

tenpaiserev.jpg

Lovely coins but I would love to see more like the one you have as a avatar :ninja: I realy love hammerd Indian coins Here is one of mine that I am trying to find out more about, any help would be appreciated

948534.jpg

Archived