CoinPeople.com

RUSSIA-RARE- GOLD 37 1/2 ROUBLES 1902-G.X.F+ SOLD AS IS

Rock

THIS IS HOW THE PIECE IS DESCRIBED......ANY VIEWS. :ninja:

HERE OFFERED FOR SALE THIS VERY RARE, ONLY 225 COINS MINTED , BIG GOLD COIN OF 37 ROUBLES 50 KOPEKS FROM THE YEAR 1902 . ON OBVERSE WE SEE HEAD OF NICHOLAS II TO LEFT. ON REVERSE CROWNED DOUBLE HEADED IMPERIAL EAGLE WITHIN BEADED CIRCLE. COIN LOOKS GREAT BUT SOLD AS IS BECAUSE AS WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THE COIN IS GENUINE. IN THIS CASE THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS AND NO REFUND . BUYER WILL RECEIVE THE COIN THAT IS PHOTOGRAPHED. BUYER WILL PAY $600.00 FOR INSURED REGISTERED AIR-MAIL AND HANDLING. WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY BANK WIRE TRANSFER.

Welcome to Coinpeople, Rock! ;)

First of all, it would be nice to refrain from posting messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS because it LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING AT US... ;)

As to your question, there has never been a genuine 1902 donative 37-1/2 rouble coin sold on eBay within memory ... which goes back quite a few years (more than I would like to admit!) Interestingly enough, there has been one of these offered for sale on just about every major auction of Russian coins within the past few years ... each time, the prices realized get higher and higher (last one sold at over $100,000 -- IIRC).

Now tell me this ... if someone had one of these for sale, why would they pick EBAY, of all places, to sell it?

(I'll bet you already know the answer ... :ninja: )

HERE OFFERED FOR SALE THIS VERY RARE, ONLY 225 COINS MINTED , BIG GOLD COIN OF 37 ROUBLES 50 KOPEKS FROM THE YEAR 1902 . ON OBVERSE WE SEE HEAD OF NICHOLAS II TO LEFT. ON REVERSE CROWNED DOUBLE HEADED IMPERIAL EAGLE WITHIN BEADED CIRCLE. COIN LOOKS GREAT BUT SOLD AS IS BECAUSE AS WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THE COIN IS GENUINE. IN THIS CASE THERE WILL BE NO RETURNS AND NO REFUND . BUYER WILL RECEIVE THE COIN THAT IS PHOTOGRAPHED. BUYER WILL PAY $600.00 FOR INSURED REGISTERED AIR-MAIL AND HANDLING. WE ACCEPT PAYMENT BY BANK WIRE TRANSFER.

Bidding starts at $26,000 + $600 shipping from a seller in Israel, with no guarantee of authenticity, no return privilege and no refund. LINK

One previous buyer complains of having received a counterfeit from this seller. LINK

43 images - so much time spent for doing that!!!

Before placing a bid - there is a credit card verification for a valid credit staring from $15 000 or more !!!

43 images - so much time spent for doing that!!!

Before placing a bid - there is a credit card verification for a valid credit staring from $15 000 or more !!!

image of reverse and obverse does not match with genuine's one :ninja:

Please excuse the "all caps"....but the EBAY add was typed that way....and my short sentence could have been changed. Regardless, I do not want to give a bad impression as I have not been part of this forum for some time and greatly respect everyone's opinion.

It always amazes me when something like this gets put on EBAY and the language that is used in doing so.....written to draw in a buyer.....pay with bank wire only.

Please excuse the "all caps"....but the EBAY add was typed that way....and my short sentence could have been changed. Regardless, I do not want to give a bad impression as I have not been part of this forum for some time and greatly respect everyone's opinion.

It always amazes me when something like this gets put on EBAY and the language that is used in doing so.....written to draw in a buyer.....pay with bank wire only.

One of a major mistake of this seller is that he/she placed so many excellent images in his/her listing that it took me not long to compare them with original's one; you can do so too visiting coinarchieve and referencing to auction catalogs as I did first responding to this post.

Finding the info on a genuine piece I was also learned new accurate data on it - the genuine pieces were struck on ocassion of visiting the president of France E Lube to Russia in May 1902 and they (coins) were intended as a gifts for the Royal Families and High Rank persons only, who participated in this celebration. :ninja:

One of a major mistake of this seller is that he/she placed so many excellent images in his/her listing that it took me not long to compare them with original's one; you can do so too visiting coinarchieve and referencing to auction catalogs as I did first responding to this post.

Finding the info on a genuine piece I was also learned new accurate data on it - the genuine pieces were struck on ocassion of visiting the president of France E Lube to Russia in May 1902 and they (coins) were intended as a gifts for the Royal Families and High Rank persons only, who participated in this celebration. :ninja:

How would I link to the coin archieve you mentioned above?

How would I link to the coin archieve you mentioned above?

coinarchives.com, then select world coins then type 1902 and see relults :ninja:

The dies for both obverse and reverse appear to match, especially with respect to the

lettering and the dentils. The piece being offered in this way is suspicious, however, and

it may be that one of the modern novodels struck by the St. Petersburg Mint was used

to make transfer dies or high-quality molds.

RWJ

coinarchives.com, then select world coins then type 1902 and see relults :ninja:

dies do not match with the genuine's one especialy nicholas portrait with numerous differences and one on moscow arm horze's hoofs; the only lettering seems (?) similar however being struck for 225 pieces these elements should be idendical ;)

dies do not match with the genuine's one especialy nicholas portrait with numerous differences and one on moscow arm horze's hoofs; the only lettering seems (?) similar however being struck for 225 pieces these elements should be idendical :ninja:

They did Nicholas' ear especially bad. Also, the little bend where the Adam's apple should be ( ;) ) is in a different place than on the original. Haven't had time to study the reverse yet, but it does look very convincing at first glance.

Coin not original. The star on the edge and other details not match to original coin.

Rarenum.

can you also take a look on horse hoofs - theay are absolutly different in spite of lettering which is easy to countefaite :ninja:

Archived