CoinPeople.com

never seen this medal- question again

chagall12

Gratefully knowing there are experts among you, I am showing this russian medal, probably commemorating 20 years of revolution 1917-1937. IMO artistic in its expressive style. 57mm. 50g. made of hard "bonelike" material. Have you seen it ? who made it. What does text mean. Is it "listed" ? is it rare? is it commercial ?

Thanks for your knowledge or just thoughts..

chagall12

Ryssland_Rev.20_yrs_1937_57mm_50gr.JPG

Kopia_av_Ryssland_Rev.20_yrs_1937_57mm_50gr.JPG

Gratefully knowing there are experts among you, I am showing this russian medal, probably commemorating 20 years of revolution 1917-1937. IMO artistic in its expressive style. 57mm. 50g. made of hard "bonelike" material. Have you seen it ? who made it. What does text mean. Is it "listed" ? is it rare? is it commercial ?

chagall12

I think it is 1917-1987 commemorative medal - 70 years of October revolution of 1917; the text is taken from a song "International" and means something like "we-ruin-the-world-to-its-ground,-then-we-will-build-our-new-world";

70 years of Red russian revolution was a large event and hundred of thousands such and similar items were prepared :ninja:

Medal commemorating 30 years of revolution does exist, but it is very different from the one posted. It has profiles of Lenin and Stalin on it. I have never seen one, other than in the books.

20 not 30 years;

XX with red guardian shooting - that was award medals;

this one is 1987 but may be because of red propaganda text is a little known :ninja:

20 not 30 years;

XX with red guiardian shooting - that was award medals;

this one is 1987 but may be because of red propaganda text is a little known :ninja:

I am not questioning that the medal posted is from 1987. It is.

What does your XX year award medal has to do with commemorative medal in this topic?

What does it mean - "20 not 30 years"? Are you questioning my post or existance of the 30 years medal?

And there was no 20 years commemorative medal, only 18 (1917 - 1935).

It is time for "literature expert" to read some literature. ;)

I am not questioning that the medal posted is from 1987. It is.

What does your XX year award medal has to do with commemorative medal in this topic?

What does it mean - "20 not 30 years"? Are you questioning my post or existance of the 30 years medal?

And there was no 20 years commemorative medal, only 18 (1917 - 1935).

It is time for "literature expert" to read some literature. ;)

what does your 30th anniversary medal (apparently 1947) have to do with the original 1937th one's questioning in this post above?

the 1987th medal which is presenting here - the 50th anniversary of Red October revolution 1917 - "resolved" by me in respectable manner and a text transaltion was given to it as well.

what kind of data related to an original question (1917-1937) did you post over here besides being sarcastic on my reputation, and my effort to help novices/others with the most correct and accurate answers i provide for each coin/medal/book question? :ninja:

what does your 30th anniversary medal (apparently 1947) have to do with the original 1937th one's questioning in this post above?

the 1987th medal which is presenting here - the 50th anniversary of Red October revolution 1917 - "resolved" by me in respectable manner and a text transaltion was given to it as well.

what kind of data related to an original question (1917-1937) did you post over here besides being sarcastic on my reputation, and my effort to help novices/others with the most correct and accurate answers i provide for each coin/medal/book question? :ninja:

In my original post I metioned the first commemorative medal that commemorated a round anniversary on Revolution - 30 years. I will stop at that.

chagall12

hello chagall12, as you own this medal, could you see some very little letters on this medal which can be a mint mark or its artist ?

Hi one-kuna and Igor

You are very kind to me but a bit harsh towards each other....

Thank you both for your efforts and may you join in peace.

Medal has no sign whatsoever, so we can´t get along any further, I believe. I just felt it was a decorative piece of art- from 1987 and not 1937 as I first thought.

I hope I am allowed to bother you with question in the future ? It is a great pleasure to me to watch this forum and learn about my own and others collections

chagall12

Archived