CoinPeople.com

my new arrival 1852 1 kopeck

ScottO

964742.jpg

£2.49 buy and i rather like the condition

I would not buy it because condition is not so good :ninja:

I would not buy it because condition is not so good ;)

The price is good! I’m guessing that ScottO is just beginning his Russian coin collection. I think it makes perfect sense to explore the subject by handling circulated coins. It’s much more fun than staring at the pictures in the catalogue!

I remember the first time I saw an 1832 1 kopeek (Masonic eagle). It was corroded and had a bit of the green stuff on it, but it totally blew my mind (I’ve not seen that type of eagle before). I recently got this one - http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/962785.jpg and I was also excited (because it’s pretty). So here’s to ScottO’s new coin! :ninja:

The price is good! I’m guessing that ScottO is just beginning his Russian coin collection. I think it makes perfect sense to explore the subject by handling circulated coins. It’s much more fun than staring at the pictures in the catalogue!

I remember the first time I saw an 1832 1 kopeek (Masonic eagle). It was corroded and had a bit of the green stuff on it, but it totally blew my mind (I’ve not seen that type of eagle before). I recently got this one - http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/962785.jpg and I was also excited (because it’s pretty). So here’s to ScottO’s new coin! :ninja:

Nicely said, Alex. I am all in favor of encouraging new Russian coin collectors! ;) Just be careful, it can become addictive!

its not my first, i have a few 19th century pieces... but its my first older styple 1 kopeck (i have a 1899 1 kopeck) i love those designs

I remember the first Russian coin I ever bought, a common Nicholas I rouble in dipped EF.

It's not so exciting now and I've seen many nicer ones since then, but that was the piece that got me hooked on Russian coins.

So enjoy it, ScottO, and read and learn more about the series. Find your own way and do not be put off by the tastes and attitudes of others.

its not my first, i have a few 19th century pieces... but its my first older styple 1 kopeck (i have a 1899 1 kopeck) i love those designs

"the tastes and attitudes of others" can advise you, can help you, can consult you at any time and bring you more interests and ideas than IDLE TALKERS. If you ever need anything be my guest :ninja:

Archived