CoinPeople.com

Nikolai II Aleksandrovich Medal

Arminius

Hello,

i found this one:

tok094.jpg

Russia, Nikolai II Aleksandrovich (1894-1917AD.),

Silvered medallion (Bronze or billon?) (28 mm / 14,42 g), integral loop removed,

Obv.: Б M HИKOЛAЙ II ИMП - И CAMOД. BCEPOCC , head of Nikolai II Aleksandrovich left.

Rev.: ЗA / XPAБPOCTb / No 26435 / 3 CTEΠ , :ninja: .

Maybe someone can help to focus the ID.

Thanks

Hello,

i found this one:

Russia, Nikolai II Aleksandrovich (1894-1917AD.),

Silvered medallion (Bronze or billon?) (28 mm / 14,42 g), integral loop removed,

Obv.: Б M HИKOЛAЙ II ИMП - И CAMOД. BCEPOCC , head of Nikolai II Aleksandrovich left.

Rev.: ЗA / XPAБPOCTb / No 26435 / 3 CTEΠ , :ninja: .

Maybe someone can help to focus the ID.

Thanks

could you please tell if you bought it or going to buy, is this your topic of interest?

I bought it and it is 100 % in my posession and under my control (but don´t tell my wife ;) )

If someone asks about something - is he interested or not?

visit molotok.ru and see some similar award medals, may be it will help :ninja:

Russia, Nikolai II Aleksandrovich (1894-1917), St. George Medal for Bravery, 3rd class, award number 26435, ca. 1915-1916 AD.,

Rev.: ЗA / XPAБPOCTb / No 26435 / 3 CTEΠ , centre in two lines the wording "FOR BRAVERY", below the recipient's impressed or engraved award registration number followed by the class of the award.

Diakov 1133.9. .

St. George Medal

Instituted in August 1878 in four classes as the Medal for Bravery awarded to non-commissioned officers and enlisted men for bravery during peace or war. In 1913 the title of the medal was changed to "St George Medal for Bravery". The medal can be awarded to civilians for bravery during times of war.

Awarded for merit in combat. Associated with the Order of St. George, but ranking below that of the the Cross of St. George.

The St. George Medal came in four classes. Gold medallions for 1st and 2nd class. Silver medallions for 3rd and 4th. A bow on the ribbon denoted 1st class and 3rd. The medal was awarded for merit to other Allied soldiers as well as Russians.

Obverse the bust of the reigning Emperor with his title. Reverse centre in two lines the wording FOR BRAVERY, below the recipient's impressed award registration number followed by the class of the award.

This 28 mm version of the Bravery Medal was manufactured only in 1915 and issued through December 1916.

During the time of the Provisional Government (March - November 1917), the bust of the Emperor was replaced by St George slaying the dragon.

If there is a chance to find the name of the person of this award number ? Probably war, revolution and time swept everything away :ninja:

Russia, Nikolai II Aleksandrovich (1894-1917), St. George Medal for Bravery, 3rd class, award number 26435, ca. 1915-1916 AD.,

Rev.: ЗA / XPAБPOCTb / No 26435 / 3 CTEΠ , centre in two lines the wording "FOR BRAVERY", below the recipient's impressed or engraved award registration number followed by the class of the award.

Diakov 1133.9. .

St. George Medal

Instituted in August 1878 in four classes as the Medal for Bravery awarded to non-commissioned officers and enlisted men for bravery during peace or war. In 1913 the title of the medal was changed to "St George Medal for Bravery". The medal can be awarded to civilians for bravery during times of war.

Awarded for merit in combat. Associated with the Order of St. George, but ranking below that of the the Cross of St. George.

The St. George Medal came in four classes. Gold medallions for 1st and 2nd class. Silver medallions for 3rd and 4th. A bow on the ribbon denoted 1st class and 3rd. The medal was awarded for merit to other Allied soldiers as well as Russians.

Obverse the bust of the reigning Emperor with his title. Reverse centre in two lines the wording FOR BRAVERY, below the recipient's impressed award registration number followed by the class of the award.

This 28 mm version of the Bravery Medal was manufactured only in 1915 and issued through December 1916.

During the time of the Provisional Government (March - November 1917), the bust of the Emperor was replaced by St George slaying the dragon.

If there is a chance to find the name of the person of this award number ? Probably war, revolution and time swept everything away ;)

I am trying to help as much as I can - there are some books in Russian so yuo can find by number the one awarded, visit numismat.ru for books, I do not guarantee you that those wil cover your cross, same time check their auction with awards - they have planny of materials like yours :ninja:

Archived