CoinPeople.com

2009 US Proof and Mint Set Contents

Art

Does anyone have a source of information that tells what the contents of the Proof, Silver Proof, and Mint sets will be for 2009? I cannot find anything on the Mint's website.

For example: will the Sets contain the Lincolns in zinc or bronze or both?

Will the Presidential dollars and the SAC be present?

• 2 weeks later...

Bump ----

I guess the Proof Set is coming June 1. So at least that will be answered.

• 2 weeks later...

CoinWorld has an article about the Proof and Mint sets for this year. I don't think I can link to it because you need a signon to get it. But

Proof sets:

.. Territorial Quarters - full set

.. Presidential Dollars - all 2009 issues

.. Sac, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Jefferson

.. Four Lincolns - in original 1909 metal composition

Silver set has same config with quarters, half, dime in silver but again the 4 Lincolns.

Mint set -- P&D satin finish Lincolns in 1909 metal composition (no zincies here -- rolls seem to be the only source)

CoinWorld has an article about the Proof and Mint sets for this year. I don't think I can link to it because you need a signon to get it. But

Proof sets:

.. Territorial Quarters - full set

.. Presidential Dollars - all 2009 issues

.. Sac, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Jefferson

.. Four Lincolns - in original 1909 metal composition

Silver set has same config with quarters, half, dime in silver but again the 4 Lincolns.

Mint set -- P&D satin finish Lincolns in 1909 metal composition (no zincies here -- rolls seem to be the only source)

Thanks for the info, Art. I may have to get a set this year!

Thanks for the info, Art. I may have to get a set this year!

I think the 4 Lincolns, which come in a separate package and are made of the original bronze 1909 metal, will sell out quickly. Look at the demand for the circulated zincers.

I think the 4 Lincolns, which come in a separate package and are made of the original bronze 1909 metal, will sell out quickly. Look at the demand for the circulated zincers.

Maybe they will have some for sale at the Mint kiosk at Baltimore in a few weeks.

I checked the Mint website this morning. Ordering opens at noon for the Proof Sets.

I was clicks away from purchasing it, Art but I decided not to for two reasons: 1) I'd like to give my money to a coin dealer and if they turn around and mark the sets up higher than $29.95, then 2) I'll just buy from the US Mint kiosk at the Baltimore Coin Convention in a week and a half.

I was clicks away from purchasing it, Art but I decided not to for two reasons: 1) I'd like to give my money to a coin dealer and if they turn around and mark the sets up higher than $29.95, then 2) I'll just buy from the US Mint kiosk at the Baltimore Coin Convention in a week and a half.

I can certainly understand that especially with the shipment delays at the Mint. I hope they have them at the Mint kiosk. The show should be great.

• 2 weeks later...

The proof sets must have been shipping right away. There are already a number of proofs available on ebay that have been PCGS and NGC certified. That's fast turnaround.

the Baltimore C&C Convention didn't have a US Mint booth! I didn't get a proof set! (And I didn't expect to get the a set from a dealer for a price as "favorable" as at the mint.

The cents are great. Can't wait to get mine. I ordered an extra set this year just so I could keep the 4 cents in their original holder.

My 2009 Proof sets came in yesterday's mail. They're beautiful. The proof cents are especially nice. All deep cameo and I'd guess 69 or 70. Great cameos on all of the coins.

Do they not have the "regular" Sac and just the newer Native American reverse Sac in these sets?

As I understood it the mint had to produce 20% of the dollars as Sacs (vs Prez0. Are they only doing the new reverse Sacs and no longer the original flying eagle with no edge lettering?

Ciao,

AWACS

Do they not have the "regular" Sac and just the newer Native American reverse Sac in these sets?

As I understood it the mint had to produce 20% of the dollars as Sacs (vs Prez0. Are they only doing the new reverse Sacs and no longer the original flying eagle with no edge lettering?

Ciao,

AWACS

SACs only have the Native American reverses, edge lettered. I think the old SAC reverse is strictly for the Pres dollars now.

• 4 weeks later...

Placed my order this morning. I've got my confirmation email back and it states "in stock". Hope delivery doesn't take too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I ticked off at the Mint. This post made me remember I ordered my usually 15 proof sets months ago. Nothing yet so I called the USMint. They said my order never went through. They said it is hanging waiting for me to say place order. It was on the Mint Web site all filled in but did not go through. So I said can you let it go through? Of course. So now I'll get mine, maybe, hopefully, etc. Every year I get 15 or so of them and give out as Christmas presents along with a new Red Book. Makes a great gift that doesn't just collect dust or do they?

I ordered mine at 12:01 on the 17th. Have a shipping confirmation number that shows they're in Orlando and should be here on Saturday. It took FedEx from 23rd of July until 29th to move the sets from Ky to Orlando and from the 29th until 1Aug? to move them from Orlando to Ocala. WOW! The tracking is cool but the movement is awfully slow.

Archived