CoinPeople.com

Mike Shaver's strange coin

alexbq2

Hi, this is mine. As can be seen, all 4 coins shown are from the same dies (including the first one bought from Mike). CПM dies were altered to become CM dies. Whether this was done at the CПM mint before furnishing the dies to CM or at CM itself I cannot say. Anyway, the coins are CM coins. Sigi

A lovely coin! Curiously enough, the first coin (mine) is not exactly the same as the others. The elements are the same, but the positions are slightly different. Notice that the C is a bit closer to the eagle's ... I want to say hand. I'd like to see some photos of 1764 CPM coins and maybe more 1764 CM/CPM if anyone has any available.

Here's a 1764 CPM from MIM. IMHO not an exact match but they are all related:)

1764-17-1.jpg

Hi Steve, always good to get your stats. What can you tell us as far as the 1764 CM/CPM variant? How many have you seen? Have you ever seen 1763 CM/CPM?

Of the 31 1764CM's, I see 6 different examples that used to be CPM....so around 20%.

Both the 1763 and 1764 CPM-->CM are well known.

Steve

Recent ebay acquisitions.

Low budget - but hidden reserves, nice technique:

5 kopeks 1760 MM - $42.00 - Ilyin 3 rubles

5 kopeks 1761 MM - $137.50 - Ilyin 3 rubles

Scraping the bottom of the barrel! Also, being single helps ;)

I like not even those to MMs what you won but 1764 EM overstrike on 1762 and were only one bidder so folks probably do not know what it is :ninja:

I like not even those to MMs what you won but 1764 EM overstrike on 1762 and were only one bidder so folks probably do not know what it is :ninja:

Well, I’m immensely impressed by Mike Shaver’s collection. Lots of interesting stuff! I hope he is keeping the best for himself though.

Well, I’m immensely impressed by Mike Shaver’s collection. Lots of interesting stuff! I hope he is keeping the best for himself though.

either one - sells his duplicates and keep only significant rare pieces or

sells everything... :ninja:

Archived