CoinPeople.com

1781 grivenik with countermark

siluska

You the one who said it first.

<<<<<just came as a new aquisiton to the shop i'm working.

as a legend, when i was at my beginings, head but never for sure that they circulated during the napoleonic wars in the territory occupied by the russian army in saxony and so one...

i am sure that thats not true but it was a nice legend... but the coin is real... >>>>>

on above story which I said that it is absurd - YOU SAID IT THAT <<<I'm not sure why you find it so absurd.>>>

Then I referenced to few HISTORICAL FACTS that it is unknow what Russian Army used for circulation besides silver coins and what you said - NOTHING AT ALL - and multiple "IF" and "MY GUESS" and "POSSIBLE" and "I DO NOT KNOW" and "I AM NOT SURE" - present you as the one to keep a dialog with no background.

You did not reference anything because you have NONE. Only your own imagination and possibilities.

Before I go to a next paragraph let me touch this one <Do you read what other people say to you> this your form of presentation and respect! What "other" is that only one more, and two of you who have nothing to argue of.

You do not have both any facts and documentations to support your theory which does not make any common sense!

What you said both grivna1726&RWJ is a MYPH, as this story on countermark coin.

Okay, here is my final, and probably futile, attempt to communicate with you.

Where, specifically, did anyone in this thread (other than yourself) state that the coin was countermarked by the Russian occupation authorities and then placed in circulation locally?

I did not say that. RW Julian did not say that. Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, has made that claim with the sole exception of YOU.

At first I thought you were just having trouble understanding what was being said. Now I am convinced that you are willfully misrepresenting what is said to you in order to demolish a straw man argument that you have constructed.

If you want to attack my argument, feel free to do so - that is the point of debate. But attack what I actually said, and not some imaginary and highly distorted version that you have simply made up as we go along.

Thank you. :ninja:

something is wrong in your story with Catherine II(1762-1796) coin;

the war with Napoleon was back to 1812, passed the Paul I 1796-1801 rules

and during Alexander I ruling 1801-1825 ;)

I just got off from wikipedia and found out that Russian Army was about 120 000-150 000 men by different sources about entering Saxony/Leipsig Batlle. :ninja:

Fair warning here: if you guys wish to keep this absurd finger pointing business up, this thread will be closed and further action on individual poster may be taken by other moderators. Please don't say that you didn't see this coming. I don't wish to close this thread neither does everyone else.

Removed non discussion related posts.

i haven t see very much chinese fakes here... does this question is based on some observation about this coin? for me it looks ok.

as for the legend, i consider it an urban myth or much more as historical myth... i was very young when i hear it and i didnt belive it and still not yet like any story has a true part.

yet i can remember that for example a information about the general Suvorov campaign in Italy ans Switzerland story that appears in one of A. Dumas novels, in the 1840-1850s. that the soldiers of his army payed with russian silver coins( and amussed me that the author states that italians were amazed because of the czarine large and almost nude bust....)

Just a note - Suvorov crossed the Alps in the Italian campaign of 1799.

This is collector contemporary countemark Gothic M :ninja:

Archived