CoinPeople.com

20p mule ebay

Be aware all. Ive just had a second chance offer from ebay for a 2008 20p from ROBINSON.92. The coin pictured was an undated mule. This was not the coin for sale. It is a bog standard 20p.

I've seen that trick before, they were getting a couple of pounds for them haha...

• 2 months later...
If you had more posts, I'd make you an offer, apart from that I'd say sell it, you might get a good price on eBay.

I understand your stance. Im no numismatist by no means, I came across one of these in my change. Im trying to find advice (and hopefully a decent offer) so I had to register with coinpeople.com to gain access to forums. I will happily email video proof of the coin if that helps.

I have considered eBay, but the amount of con merchants on there selling standard 20p's has driven down the price of the mules.

You're nuts ;)

You can't get a better price than on ebay :ninja:

Hmmm, considering they were selling for £400+ 1-2 weeks ago and now people are only bidding £100-200.............me thinks you could nuts ;)

Having read up on this the con artists have reduced peoples confidence to bid

Hmmm, considering they were selling for £400+ 1-2 weeks ago and now people are only bidding £100-200.............me thinks you could nuts :ninja:

5-6 weeks ago before the fuss in the press they were selling for £25-£30,

then we had the fuss and they were selling for ridiculous prices.

They are now slowly heading back down again - my advice - sell now while there is still some interest!

At 100,000 made (probably) these are not going to be all that hard to find.

Hmmm, considering they were selling for £400+ 1-2 weeks ago and now people are only bidding £100-200.............me thinks you could nuts :ninja:

The con artists are the ones selling them with hidden bidder identities.

I am so nuts that I sold one and it only went for just under 30 GBP - where is my fortune then? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It is crazy how once they were in the news the prices skyrocketed. Sell them while you have them!

The first two new 20ps I had have die crack errors (first time I have ever seen any!) I tried selling one on ebay just to see if anyone would bite but nobody was interested! :ninja:

Scarce 2008 10ps? Is this just the old design or is it some variety i've not heard about?

I started collecting the small 10ps believing them to be a straight forward set (with the exception of the 1992 varieties). I've since discovered it's like foraging into the bun head bronze issues! Numismatic minefield.

There are quite a few varieties and maybe more than I know about too.

Check reverses, the following exist;

1993?? (BU set only)

1994 Between (BU set only)

1995 At

1995 Between? (BU set only)

1996 At

1996 Between? (BU set only)

1997 At

1997 Between? (BU set only)

1998?? (BU set only)

1999 Between (BU set only)

2000 At

2000 Between (BU set only)

2001 At

2001 Between? (BU set only)

2002 At

2002 Between? (BU set only)

2003 At

2003 Between? (BU set only)

2004 At

2004 Between? (BU set only)

2005 At

2005 Between

2006 At

2006 Between

2007 Between

2008 Between

Coins in bold are confirmed.

1994, 1999 (BU only both are Between coins), 2000, 2006 BU sets contain Between coins. I expect all the BU set coins are Betweens across all the dates and the circulation strikes are mostly Ats, except for 2005, 2006 where both are in circulation and 2007, 2008 where there are all Betweens.

Of course until I lay my hands on the 1993, 1995-8, 2001-5, 2007-8 BU sets I can't be certain this is the case.

Archived