CoinPeople.com

Older Story...still scary!

tmoneyeagles

With a little looking you can detect die markers on most of these fakes. I am compiling a list of these and will be posting them on this site over the summer. It is very dangerous to the coin community if they are purchased and sold as legitimate coins. Even the sellers who claim to place a replica stamp on their coins are at fault for this influx. Then again, we as a community are also at fault for not taking a larger step in educating the public and our fellow collectors about this.

Yes indeed...More education needed about fakes and counterfeits...

Now, with the FAKE NGC slabs, with fake coins, this is very confusing....

The NGC slabs, are easy to detect, with a little inspection...

Coins are harder, and most of the time require a scale, and the biggest magnifying glass you could find! Also, if you have a morgan, that looks MS69...Well, probably not real! LOL

I hate these replicas, counterfeits, and everything like it.... Just can't stand it!

http://coins.about.com/od/worldcoins/ig/Ch...erfeiting-Ring/

So scary, they can just do this, you know?

With such accuracy, how do you tell the difference?

I do not know what city you live but each big town has its own China town and if you go there you can find thousands of Chinese fakes from $1-up to $5 in some stores. Last time I went to our China town and I bought 4 copper/silver Russian/Chinese (means fake Chienese coin with Soviet flag, propaganda) coinage of course as fakes by bargain price $2.50 each. Having such stores and selling these coins came a long time ago from our cities. Why we are surprised only today?

I do not know what city you live but each big town has its own China town and if you go there you can find thousands of Chinese fakes from $1-up to $5 in some stores. Last time I went to our China town and I bought 4 copper/silver Russian/Chinese coinage of course as fakes by bargain price $2.50 each. Having such stores and selling these coins came a long time ago from our cities. Why we are surprised only today?

Never seen a china town in san antonio! LOL

Never seen a china town in san antonio! LOL

Welcome to New York !

Archived