CoinPeople.com

2008D LCM Doubled Ear and hello to all

Hello ALL!

Just joined a moment ago.

We're actually 3 people(all beginners) in this username. We wqork together in our collection.

We will frequently post our suspected error coin finds to get your feedback if we accurately or inaccurately

identify our finds. Most will probably be not genuine errors.

Thank you in advance.

Our 1st post is a 2008D LCM Doubled Ear. Will follow this with another type of doubled ear but in 2008P LCM.

Thanks!

3NVTEs (3 Novice to errors)

2008D__DOUBLED_EAR_1.JPG

PS. the 1984 doubled ear is probably my most sought after error - if I found one of those, it would trump many other errors. Don't know why. Just always thought it was interesting.

Hello ALL!

Just joined a moment ago.

We're actually 3 people(all beginners) in this username. We wqork together in our collection.

We will frequently post our suspected error coin finds to get your feedback if we accurately or inaccurately

identify our finds. Most will probably be not genuine errors.

Thank you in advance.

Our 1st post is a 2008D LCM Doubled Ear. Will follow this with another type of doubled ear but in 2008P LCM.

Thanks!

3NVTEs (3 Novice to errors)

Greetings to you three!! Welcome aboard. I am quite new to this site. I am not an expert but I have studied DD's, owned, sold and looked at, who knows how many coins searching for DDs!!!

Personally I believe that this not a double die but what are those odd things?

You have nicely blown up pics, however, they are too out of focus or something and lacking the necessary clear detail to render a real accurate assessment.

Hope you three enjoy this site as much as I do!!!

Have a GREAT day!

John

PS. the 1984 doubled ear is probably my most sought after error - if I found one of those, it would trump many other errors. Don't know why. Just always thought it was interesting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thedeadpoint, this is my favorite "to find" error also!!! Of all the LC's I've looked at I can't believe I haven't found one!! If I do ever find one, you will be the first to hear about it!!!

John

Greetings to you three!! Welcome aboard. I am quite new to this site. I am not an expert but I have studied DD's, owned, sold and looked at, who knows how many coins searching for DDs!!!

Personally I believe that this not a double die but what are those odd things?

You have nicely blown up pics, however, they are too out of focus or something and lacking the necessary clear detail to render a real accurate assessment.

Hope you three enjoy this site as much as I do!!!

Have a GREAT day!

John

Thanks John.

This is just our opinion (note...from none experts). Either from offset hubbing(???) or a misaligned 2nd strike(???).

I have another 2008D LCM that showed(we recognized) a 'doubled' bust image with a rotated/offset 2ndary image .

3NVTEs

Archived