CoinPeople.com

Fraklin Mint Coins

kinicto

What is everyone's thought on the Franklin Mint coins? My mother-in-law gave us a set of coins from the Franklin Mint. They are the World's Great Sculptures Medal Collection. They are 24K electroplated over solid bronze.

I have always thought the Franklin Mint was a big joke. My husband seems to think these coins have some value and would like to try to cash them in.

Any thoughts from you?

From what I've seen most of the Franklin Mint series can be sold for bullion value, assuming they're silver, but not much beyond that. The sculptures series was a beautiful grouping of medals. If I had them, I'd keep them for the artistic appreciation.

There is something of an aftermarket for Franklin Mint items. It helps to have the complete series of medals (or whatever) and the original documentation, COAs, etc. You could try putting them on eBay and see if you get any nibbles, but your mother-in-law may never forgive you.

Franklin Mint Stuff. I was enamored with them back in the 70's....bought way to much....sold for melt. Lesson well learned...but I was young (younger) back then! Bought many, many at melt prices. Their coinage does seem to have a little value here and there.

I can say one thing about their products and that is that they are in deed very beautiful works of art.!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived