CoinPeople.com

Going thru some coins.

Mark Stilson

Friend of mine brought over a box of coins for me to go thru from his grandfathers estate and see what he has. First thing I see is "World Reserve Monetary Exchange" packages several two dollar bills. Not a good start. Two "Ballistic" plastic tube of presidential dollars in a gold bar box (As seen in your local newspaper.). About 4 rolls of coins. First glance at them pulled a few from the open end all so far clad circulated. 2 of the Liberian 20$ 9/11 commemorative bills. Then my heart skipped two 50$ buffalo dollars. Whoop, never mind flip them over and copy stamped on the back. One last box and bingo, at least something to go over 12 morgans and 2 peace dollars 1 silver eagle. Doesn't look like anything special no cc's or other stuff stand out. Will post again once I get a better idea of whats all in there.

Well, found one more morgan. Two ounces of .999 silver, about 8 assorted gold plated copies, 1 1934 year set (One of the ag to g range deals from mail order.) , a last 5 years of v nickels set mail order , 3 ag to g barber dimes in one of those mail order cards, 6 mail order wallet type deals with 2 dollar bills in them, one littleton full state quarter year set in a blue folder, these do look in decent bu shape.

One of the morgans first glance on reverse looked great, all the breast feathers, frost, only one small ding on the denticles or marks, looking good!! Flip over to obverse and see scrapes. :ninja: Actually more like digs. Highest price on one about $40 redbook. I am still going to go thru checking for vams just in case. Looks like Jim got caught up in some of those never ending mail order deals. Even the morgans were in airtites and "Special Cases" .

What a hoot! Don't we all do this from time to time? We should all post the results here and keep it light hearted as these several posts have (made me laugh!)...................BUT wait until that OMG coin comes along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read about it and see the pic!

Archived