CoinPeople.com

Does anyone know PR from the last Finnish Numismatic Society auction?

BKB

From Feb 2009? Yes. I have them. Or did you mean today's auction?

of course auction April 18, 2009

???

it may be only that I am the one have noticed but in order to win something (!) at Finnish numismaitc society auction you need to put well over and even that is not guarantee that you can win!

sample, if a coin of an avarege price is about a thousand dollars every where world-wide, for above auction you would need to bid 1300-1400 to win ! Hard to believe !

it may be only that I am the one have noticed but in order to win something (!) at Finnish numismaitc society auction you need to put well over and even that is not guarantee that you can win!

sample, if a coin of an avarege price is about a thousand dollars every where world-wide, for above auction you would need to bid 1300-1400 to win ! Hard to believe !

Ivan IV ruble sold for 3700 euro plus commission. I would not call it way over world-wide pricing. I didn't see it cheaper anywhere (except repaired ones).

Ivan IV ruble sold for 3700 euro plus commission. I would not call it way over world-wide pricing. I didn't see it cheaper anywhere (except repaired ones).

there probably was an issue with this ruble so that is why sold at list twice chipper than should be, that is obvious!

there probably was an issue with this ruble so that is why sold at list twice chipper than should be, that is obvious!

Maybe. But I don't see outrageous prices for the rest of russian rubles either. Although I have to admit the overall quality of material is average. So that fact (plus ongoing financial crisis) might explain the pricing.

Maybe. But I don't see outrageous prices for the rest of russian rubles either. Although I have to admit the overall quality of material is average. So that fact (plus ongoing financial crisis) might explain the pricing.

As you keep the auction side, I was wondering, have you ever placed bids on their auctions, lets take last fives, and have you won anything?

To be continued...

The coin is described as "cleaned". Based on the photo, it looks bright (but not ugly) and looks aVF to me. As such, the price realized seems reasonable.

As you keep the auction side, I was wondering, have you ever placed bids on their auctions, lets take last fives, and have you won anything?

To be continued...

No. I have never bid on that particular auction.

I think what you are trying to say/prove is that they are practicing shill bidding. Is that right ?

I think what you are trying to say/prove is that they are practicing shill bidding. Is that right ?

Finland's closer proximity to Russia probably makes it easier for Russians to bid directly and the traditionally conservative Finnish grading likely encourages higher bidding in the auctions.

yes

Archived