CoinPeople.com

Hello all from the Middle of Nowhere, NM, USA

:ninja:

I sure am glad that I stumbled upon this site!! I registered just last night (3 AM) and am so excited that there are so many nice and experienced people here along with so much information! I hope to be a positive addition to this family of coin nuts!

THANK YOU COIN PEOPLE for this wonderful site!!!

1971_S_Pr_ddo_2.jpg

Welcome, mudhut! I've already seen some other posts of yours but I'm glad you're officially saying "Hi, I'm new!"

You'll find that becoming a welcome member of the CP community is easy. We look forward to learning about your collection. Do you collect anything in particular?

I favor US Banknotes a tad more than the typical collector.

Hi Deadpoint! Wow, what a fast post! And thanks for the very nice welcoming! I hord things, coins mostly; other collectables that I stumble upon; gourds which my wife & I make art pieces out of, Native American Indian artifacts, many of which we find right here on our own property; pretty rocks and minerals, etc.

I have some foreign paper money that my Father-in-law gave me, but have not looked them up on the net yet as I have no reference books. Also have some US paper, nothing exciting. I'll up load some when I get time. Now that I am retired, time is something that seems to escape me! 'Til later. Mud

Welcome, mudhut! I've already seen some other posts of yours but I'm glad you're officially saying "Hi, I'm new!"

You'll find that becoming a welcome member of the CP community is easy. We look forward to learning about your collection. Do you collect anything in particular?

I favor US Banknotes a tad more than the typical collector.

Hi Art! Wow, thanks for the nice welcome into CoinPeople. I visited some of your posts last night, or should I say, early this morning. Love the pic of you with, your grand daughter? I have 4 with one on the way, grand kids that is. I look forward to chating with you and exchanging info, pics, etc on this wonderful site! Mud

Welcome to CoinPeople. Hope you enjoy it here.

A very warm welcome to you mudhut1000! :ninja:

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thank you for the nice reply!! AND thank you for the sincere answer to my email. It is so nice that I want to post it for all to read...is that OK with you?

Thank you for the nice reply!! AND thank you for the sincere answer to my email. It is so nice that I want to post it for all to read...is that OK with you?

If you so wish, I don't mind.

It is certainly good to see an enthusiastic member and, dare I say it, another hoarder! :ninja:

If you so wish, I don't mind.

It is certainly good to see an enthusiastic member and, dare I say it, another hoarder! :ninja:

Hello again YeOldeCollector! First, thanks for the spelling lesson........I was wondering why that red dotted line was under my "hord"!!!! LOL

Here is a copy of your email for all to enjoy:

A very warm welcome to the forum, many thanks for your message.

I regret to inform you that I am, unfortunately, not in my nineties.

I look forward to seeing your posts and please feel free to email me at anytime; Clive@HistoricCoinage.com

Kindest Regards,

Clive. .[/i] added by me, Mudhut1000....I have, since your warm welcome, received others!! What a GREAT gathering of fellow coin enthusiasts!

What a GREAT gathering of fellow coin enthusiasts!

This is CoinPeople, one of the best forums I'm a member of. Great characters here, sure you will enjoy it. :ninja:

Welcome in, Mudhut!

Your avatar is absolutely awesome...

Thank you very very much!!! I may have to change my avatar though due to Webster's definition: av-a-ta....an embodiment, as of a quality in a person....hummmm? The other, a Hindu term, means God's coming to earth in bodily form......hum? Maybe I should just leave my avatar alone....LOL

Mud

So where in NM are you located. I spent a few years in Santa Fe doing Y2K stuff for the State and loved every minute of it.

Thank you very very much!!! I may have to change my avatar though due to Webster's definition: av-a-ta....an embodiment, as of a quality in a person....hummmm? The other, a Hindu term, means God's coming to earth in bodily form......hum? Maybe I should just leave my avatar alone....LOL

Mud

Hi Art!

Good to hear from you again and I am very glad to hear that you loved Santa Fe, NM so much.

Sorry for the dalayed response, had to go to town, Grants, for a few staples and other suppiles.

I live 30 miles north of Pie Town which is on US Rt 60 paralleling I40 way to the south.

You can also look for Grants, NM on I40, 60 miles west of Albuquerque an look 60 miles SSE.

Now that you can point to the approximate location, you can see that I do live in the middle of nowhere!

I will google my home and post the coordinates so you can actually see my place...a red roofed 40 X 80 steel building.

We own 68 acres which runs about from the top of the mountain down to the dirt road north of our place. A box canyon.

I tell everyone, which is true, that we can't hear, see, or smell our neighbors! And we love it!!

We have Elk, Deer, Mountain lions, bear, wild turkeys, rabbits (both cotton tail and jacks), all sorts of birds

including about 5 different hummers, a few rattlers, etc... There are antelope which live at lower elevations than us at just under 8,000 feet above sea level.

Ever want to get away from it all and don't mind a few inconveniences, PM me. Do can get snowed in or muded in from 2 weeks to two months.

Have a great day!

Mud

Hi Art!

Good to hear from you again and I am very glad to hear that you loved Santa Fe, NM so much.

Sorry for the dalayed response, had to go to town, Grants, for a few staples and other suppiles.

I live 30 miles north of Pie Town which is on US Rt 60 paralleling I40 way to the south.

You can also look for Grants, NM on I40, 60 miles west of Albuquerque an look 60 miles SSE.

Now that you can point to the approximate location, you can see that I do live in the middle of nowhere!

I will google my home and post the coordinates so you can actually see my place...a red roofed 40 X 80 steel building.

We own 68 acres which runs about from the top of the mountain down to the dirt road north of our place. A box canyon.

I tell everyone, which is true, that we can't hear, see, or smell our neighbors! And we love it!!

We have Elk, Deer, Mountain lions, bear, wild turkeys, rabbits (both cotton tail and jacks), all sorts of birds

including about 5 different hummers, a few rattlers, etc... There are antelope which live at lower elevations than us at just under 8,000 feet above sea level.

Ever want to get away from it all and don't mind a few inconveniences, PM me. Do can get snowed in or muded in from 2 weeks to two months.

Have a great day!

Mud

I've been to Grants a few times. And into some of the desert areas SW of there. Did some hunting for flourite crystals down around the NM/AZ border a few times. I've got a buddy of mine that really got into rock hunting so much that he actually bought part of a gold mine in the SW part of the state. I love it out there.

As a matter of fact, if I recall correctly there's a pretty well known rock store in Grants.

Welcome to the forums. I'm about to send you a PM about this thing I found in my yard a while back...

Could be an indian whatchamacallit. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived