CoinPeople.com

650 Year Old Error

47741Brockage1.jpg

67545Brockage2.jpg

251911048_o.jpg

Edward III Halfpenny Third/Florin Coinage, London reading EDWARDVS REX. I bought it purely for it being a brockage, I have only ever come across one or two so had to have it. It has only had its obverse struck, leaving an impression on the reverse. Looks like it circulated just like any other.

Dates to circa 1346.

Oh, I though this thread was about the papacy.

Great error, Clive. It's fascinating to think that the minter didn't just toss this coin into the reject bin and recast it.

It's fascinating to think that the minter didn't just toss this coin into the reject bin and recast it.

He should have as there could have been some pretty dire consequences for him if rumour got out that he was making poor quality coins.

I can only think of one or two Medieval brockages which I have seen so I'm lucky to have acquired this one.

47741Brockage1.jpg

67545Brockage2.jpg

251911048_o.jpg

Edward III Halfpenny Third/Florin Coinage, London reading EDWARDVS REX. I bought it purely for it being a brockage, I have only ever come across one or two so had to have it. It has only had its obverse struck, leaving an impression on the reverse. Looks like it circulated just like any other.

Dates to circa 1346.

_________________________________________ :ninja: ________________________________________________________________

This is a GREAT piece!! Definitely as stated! I am, however, ignorant as to the second imaging. Please educate me!

I hope that a lot of people visit this post. Good educational piece.

Thanks in advance!

Mud

_________________________________________ ;) ________________________________________________________________

This is a GREAT piece!! Definitely as stated! I am, however, ignorant as to the second imaging. Please educate me!

I hope that a lot of people visit this post. Good educational piece.

Thanks in advance!

Mud

Mud, I have inverted the colours so as to give a clearer representation of the detail. The error is easier to see when the colours are changed.

Great find Clive. :ninja:

Thanks Hus!

Archived