CoinPeople.com

10 kopecks 1876 on eBay

altyn

I must be missing something:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270364369538

More than $1,500 for a coin with almost 5 million copies struck? Yeah, it looks great but... :ninja:

Was it an April 1 joke?

You're right, it is a very common coin. I would have thought around $20 or so would buy it.

And to me, it looks like it might have been dipped in bleach and retoned to this strange greenish color.

Hello to everybody, about this coin I think that is also a fake. For me is typical Chinese mint. In this period there are many Russian coins selling and sold from Australia. I think also that the majority of these sellers they are in good faith.

Best regards

Davide

Hello to everybody, about this coin I think that is also a fake. For me is typical Chinese mint. In this period there are many Russian coins selling and sold from Australia. I think also that the majority of these sellers they are in good faith.

Best regards

Davide

Of course, the Chinese are faking EVERYTHING these days. But really ... why would they fake such a common date?

I think it was probably a "fake sale", as you said in your later message. But the coin is probably genuine (and certainly not worth $2,000!).

Of course, the Chinese are faking EVERYTHING these days. But really ... why would they fake such a common date?

I think it was probably a "fake sale", as you said in your later message. But the coin is probably genuine (and certainly not worth $2,000!).

And the eBay seller fees were probably many times what the coin itself might be worth! :ninja:

I've always wondered when a seemingly worthless or little value item sells for moon money could money laundering be behind it?

Say are a drug dealer and need to pay the bigger dealer £2000. He could list a coin worth £20 you both bid it up until the coin sells for £2020, the payment is sent and it looks like your paying for a coin but in reality...

I've always wondered when a seemingly worthless or little value item sells for moon money could money laundering be behind it?

Say are a drug dealer and need to pay the bigger dealer £2000. He could list a coin worth £20 you both bid it up until the coin sells for £2020, the payment is sent and it looks like your paying for a coin but in reality...

you have just given them an idea ...

BINGO..

I must be missing something:

More than $1,500 for a coin with almost 5 million copies struck? Yeah, it looks great but... :ninja:

Was it an April 1 joke?

The bidder u***u(249) placed a bid of AU$2,199 on March 30, 2009 and was over bid on April 1.

Even before those thousands australian dollars bids, the bids of AU94.00, 130.00 and 140.00 also look to me unrealistic for such coin.

Archived