CoinPeople.com

Best French Colonies reference

marv

I have a 10 centime 1843A bronze coin of the French Colonies. Krause lists mint state coins, but I believe my coin is a proof. It seems thicker than the coins I have seen, and it has proof fields. It is in pristine condition.

Can anyone recommend a reference that would show whether proof examples of this coin exist as well as suggest a value for a proof example. It is not an essai, or at least I don't think it is as it does not have the word "essai" on the coin.

Thanks,

Marv Finnley

I have a 10 centime 1843A bronze coin of the French Colonies. Krause lists mint state coins, but I believe my coin is a proof. It seems thicker than the coins I have seen, and it has proof fields. It is in pristine condition.

Can anyone recommend a reference that would show whether proof examples of this coin exist as well as suggest a value for a proof example. It is not an essai, or at least I don't think it is as it does not have the word "essai" on the coin.

Thanks,

Marv Finnley

Hello mary

i have a french colony catalogue (Jean Lecompte) and for your coin the value in grade SUP (PROOF dont exist)is 150 EUROS.

If you want contact me delagegerard@hotmail.com

• 1 year later...
Hello marv

i have a french colony catalogue (Jean Lecompte) and for your coin the value in grade SUP (PROOF dont exist)is 150 EUROS.

If you want contact me delagegerard@hotmail.com

The Standard Catalog of World Coins (2004-4th edition) does list a proof for 1843 with a value of $450. You say that Lecompte does NOT list a proof for that date?

Marv Finnley

Archived