CoinPeople.com

1953 malaya and british borneo QEII $1000 note value and how many copy left?

Hi,i need a malaya banknote expert to help me on this banknote.My friend uncle wanted to sell This 1953 malaya and british borneo queen elizabeth II $1000 banknote(Real banknote but not specimen type) Im interested to purchase it and i was told to make an offer for this rare note,the note is in extra fine UNC condition(no dirty,no hole at all)I really have no idea how much should i offer him for this rare note,so I wanted to ask you what is it worth?and how many copy left in the whole world?I was told by someone else there are only six copies are KNOWN to exist in the world and i saw somebody else put up on malaysia ebay auction it for RM10,000,000(USD$3,000,000) is this note worth this much of money and keen by the collector?i think i cant afford it and let someone who is interested and can afford it.IT is the great opputunity to own this item,am i right?

I HAVE JUST UPLOADED THE ACTUAL PICTURE OF THE REAL NOTE.Here is the picture.

MBB_1000_f.jpg

MBB_1000_b.jpg

I know nothing about this series......but

Have you tried to contact the Malaysia Numismatic Society to see if anyone there can provide more info on any of the notes you have been asking about. They may know of a member that can assist you more. They may know of someone that specializes in these notes. Here is their information

Malaysia Numismatic Society

P.O. Box 12367

50776 Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia

and their email is info@money.org.my

Hi,i need a malaya banknote expert to help me on this banknote.My friend uncle wanted to sell This 1953 malaya and british borneo queen elizabeth II $1000 banknote(Real banknote but not specimen type) Im interested to purchase it and i was told to make an offer for this rare note,the note is in extra fine UNC condition(no dirty,no hole at all)I really have no idea how much should i offer him for this rare note,so I wanted to ask you what is it worth?and how many copy left in the whole world?I was told by someone else there are only six copies are KNOWN to exist in the world and i saw somebody else put up on malaysia ebay auction it for RM10,000,000(USD$3,000,000) is this note worth this much of money and keen by the collector?i think i cant afford it and let someone who is interested and can afford it.IT is the great opputunity to own this item,am i right?

800px-Malaya26BritishBorneo_1000Dol.jpg

Malaya26BritishBorneo_1000Dollars_b.jpg

Why don't you take a picture of your friend uncle banknote and post it here. I am sure we will be able to help you come up with a market value. Your specimen note photo scan taken from numismatic books does not do justice to your question.

Why don't you take a picture of your friend uncle banknote and post it here. I am sure we will be able to help you come up with a market value. Your specimen note photo scan taken from numismatic books does not do justice to your question.

Hi See323

like to share this with you and see what you think..!! :ninja:

http://www.allnumis.com/viewAuction.php?id=249

Hi See323

like to share this with you and see what you think..!! :ninja:

http://www.allnumis.com/viewAuction.php?id=249

Here is the auction details.

Malaya and british borneo 1953 queen elizabeth II $1000 note UNC Rarity!!!!

319_36527246M.jpg 319_36539359M.jpg

Click on the image to see it bigger

Description : Hi,im helping my friend uncle to sell his precious note in his note collection for many many years.The note is a 1953 malaya and british borneo queen elizabeth II $1000 note(Real note NOT the specimen or reproduction type).This note is in extra fine condition(no holes and dirty on any part).There are only six copies are known to exist.It is the great opputunity for you to own this rare note to your collection NOW.Dont miss it.For anyone who can willing to pay alot of money and afford only.You also can make an offer for this item by message me.Thanks.Added by : Rareitem (0)Time Left : 29d22h05mViews : 9Shipping fees : included in the final priceShipping details : TAKE A FLIGHT TO MY COUNTRY(MALAYSIA) AND SEE MY FRIEND UNCLE TO DEAL WITH HIM,CASH ON SELF-PICK UP ONLY.Ships to : -Worldwide- Fixed price : 5000000.00 USD (≈16,922,500.00 RON ≈3,944,362.87 €)

Here is the auction details.

Malaya and british borneo 1953 queen elizabeth II $1000 note UNC Rarity!!!!

319_36527246M.jpg 319_36539359M.jpg

Click on the image to see it bigger

Description : Hi,im helping my friend uncle to sell his precious note in his note collection for many many years.The note is a 1953 malaya and british borneo queen elizabeth II $1000 note(Real note NOT the specimen or reproduction type).This note is in extra fine condition(no holes and dirty on any part).There are only six copies are known to exist.It is the great opputunity for you to own this rare note to your collection NOW.Dont miss it.For anyone who can willing to pay alot of money and afford only.You also can make an offer for this item by message me.Thanks.Added by : Rareitem (0)Time Left : 29d22h05mViews : 9Shipping fees : included in the final priceShipping details : TAKE A FLIGHT TO MY COUNTRY(MALAYSIA) AND SEE MY FRIEND UNCLE TO DEAL WITH HIM,CASH ON SELF-PICK UP ONLY.Ships to : -Worldwide- Fixed price : 5000000.00 USD (≈16,922,500.00 RON ≈3,944,362.87 €)

Wah,u saw my advertisement too haha.Sorry,the price i put is negotiable for serious buyer or collector only,thanks for helping me to post here.Yeah my friend uncle seriously wanted to sell it as soon as possible,his location is in kuala lumpur,malaysia.Interested buyer or collector please contact me immediately by reply or email me here and take a flight to my country here and i will take you to meet my friend uncle and make a deal with him,CASH ON SELF PICK UP only NO shipping by courier post becouse afraid of the item will be lost or damage during shipping.

Wah,u saw my advertisement too haha.Sorry,the price i put is negotiable for serious buyer or collector only,thanks for helping me to post here.Yeah my friend uncle seriously wanted to sell it as soon as possible,his location is in kuala lumpur,malaysia.Interested buyer or collector please contact me immediately by reply or email me here and take a flight to my country here and i will take you to meet my friend uncle and make a deal with him,CASH ON SELF PICK UP only NO shipping by courier post becouse afraid of the item will be lost or damage during shipping.

Sorry, that's insane. $5 million?

It's worth perhaps 1% of that price.

And that's assuming it's genuine.

Contact Spink and get it appraised and put up for auction.

Nobody is going to fly to Malaysia with any amount of CASH for a note that you haven't even put an image up of.

Otherwise if you want the money now, contact some dealers.

Nobody is going to fly to Malaysia with any amount of CASH for a note that you haven't even put an image up of.

OK,I think nobody believes me without a picture uploaded here that my friend uncle has that piece of $1000 note,here is the $1000 note picture front and back,so this is to prove that im not a lier remember the serial number and condition please before make a flight to my country here if you are a serious and interested buyer/collector.THANKS.

MBB_1000_f.jpg

MBB_1000_b.jpg

Nice to finally see the real note so we can give a proper assessment. thanks!

This is a very nice note, but there are some conditions issues that will affect its selling price. These issues become more important and severe as the value and rarity of the note increases, such as with this note.

The conditions of note I see right off are these:

Staining along the edges.

Corner rounding.

Corner folds.

Vertical Center Fold.

There appears to be a 'railroad track' through one side of note (not the security thread), but closer inspection reveals this to go off the note and into the background image, and thus should not be considered in this picture.

Given the above considerations, the note would have a grade of EF/XF known as Extremely Fine according to the IBNS grading standards. This is about one grade lower than your EF-UNC (a grade more commonly used in Europe). Here's a Link . The photos on that site aren't that helpful, but these are the big guys in the grading of banknotes.

Other grading services may differ in their language of the decriptions, but they are pretty much the same.

If, however, you wish to go to a more stringent grading standard, there are always the Third Party Grading Services. One such is PCGS, (here is their PCGS Link ) but this would be something I would not recommend for such a note. These companies generally use the 70 point grading scale similar to that used in grading coins, and they are not experts in world currency.

Using the link to IBNS, you should be able to grade a little better as you have the note in hand. Hope this helps you out. With that information, you can be better suited to submit it to an auction house and get their estimate.

Nice to finally see the real note so we can give a proper assessment. thanks!

This is a very nice note, but there are some conditions issues that will affect its selling price. These issues become more important and severe as the value and rarity of the note increases, such as with this note.

Not sure I agree with that.

Some notes are rare in any condition. Some are simply condition rarities - i.e. well-circulated VF examples are common, but uncirculated ones are scarce and can be 20 times more expensive. An ambitious collector would of course want the uncirculated one

This note is rare in any condition (although the statement that only six exist seems unlikely given the A/1 29024 serial), and I don't see the wear as significant. It's a very attractive piece that any collector would want to own. I would seriously seek a professional appraisal of it to get an idea of its value.

Is the picture of the actual note a scan or a photo??

Yes,this is the actual note showing on a scan above which i have in my hand now,it is in uncirculated very fine to extra fine condition.I heard two person says its only six copies were left in the whole world(not really sure about that)and i was told by someone else the price for the specimen note and normal note listed in the krause world paper money catalogue and other catalogue are not accurate at all,the specimen note price listed in catalogue is $3000 for a piece but actually its worth around $30,000-$40,000 for a piece so catalogue price is not correct and he urges me to throw all the catalogue away,the price will be willing selling and buying,it can be at any price as long as the deal is done.Im not sure if what he says is true or not,so im hoping someone can help me about this matter please.

• 3 weeks later...

That's true. it should be worth less than 1% of the $5 million. Nobody in this world pay $5million. Not even the richest collector. With $5 million, there are better things to buy. It is also not true that there are only 6 pieces as stated. There are many more pieces than that. It used to be a lot of 1953 QEII banknotes kept by MAS ( Monetary Authority of Singapore ). It was sold to a group of Singapore dealers and collectors.

These QEII notes were used by Singapore, Malaysia ( including Sabah and Sarawak ) and Brunei. Large denominations were usually used between banks.

That's true. it should be worth less than 1% of the $5 million. Nobody in this world pay $5million. Not even the richest collector. With $5 million, there are better things to buy. It is also not true that there are only 6 pieces as stated. There are many more pieces than that. It used to be a lot of 1953 QEII banknotes kept by MAS ( Monetary Authority of Singapore ). It was sold to a group of Singapore dealers and collectors.

These QEII notes were used by Singapore, Malaysia ( including Sabah and Sarawak ) and Brunei. Large denominations were usually used between banks.

Yes,maybe you are right,I was told by my friend uncle that there are only six copies are in existance but i believe it should be more than six copies,probably.I also dont think this is the most valuable copy he has in his entire banknote album till i found out he has a board of commisioner of malaya 1941 KGVI $10 dollar note with reverse blank error(no printing colour at all on reverse side except on obverse side)It is a major error and i think it is super rare the only copy in the whole world.It has a certificate with usa PMG grading very fine condition,who is interested to buy one of the rarest notes of the world?

Archived