CoinPeople.com

Intro from a Newbie

MDS

To all,

Just a very minor introduction to the forum. Name is Mark and I have just very recently found my way to Ancient Hammered/UK Coins. More directly that I am currently leaning to those of Elizabeth I. The first thing that I am doing is educating myself but joining such forums as this and secondly reading everything and thirdly, books!

My back ground is a life time of being raised in an eviroment of history, militaria and collecting! I am currently a collector of British Medals (Royal Navy and 44th Foot) but I have a constant thurst for knowledge and unfortunately for my wife, collecting :-). At least she is tolerant of such...for now!

Anyway, I again look forward to reading and learning from the members of this forum and thanks for being patient!

Welcome to the forums, Mark. I'm a newbie too. As for your wife, you could do like my husband did with his collecting. He'd buy something for my collection when ever he'd buy something for himself. :ninja:

Hi Mark welcome to the forum, would love to not only see your coins but any chance of seeing some of those medals :ninja: Now as for the wife why not get her interested in collecting something as well LOL

To all,

Thanks for the warm reply and suggestions on the wife issue :ninja: She really is tolerant with my hobbies to a point. Especially when it pays for nice things like trips and Christmas. She has absolutely no interest in collecting anything, you might say we are on two sides of a coin when it comes to that.

I again thank each and look forward to learning my way forward

Mark

P.S.

De Orc, are you a collector of medals?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived