CoinPeople.com

Can someone evaluate my Nikolai II cold coins

kruvi

May I ask why you're selling them? Seems like they would be something nice to tuck away for your future grandkids. Everyone should have a coin from a great-great-great grandparent. For me, there is something almost spiritual in holding a coin that one of my ancestors once held---makes me feel connected. I have an 1872 liberty seated silver dollar that I wouldn't part with for that very reason.

May I ask why you're selling them? Seems like they would be something nice to tuck away for your future grandkids. Everyone should have a coin from a great-great-great grandparent. For me, there is something almost spiritual in holding a coin that one of my ancestors once held---makes me feel connected. I have an 1872 liberty seated silver dollar that I wouldn't part with for that very reason.

I would never sell my gramma coins, I wish i had one or few to keep for ever, the only thing my gramma left is her russian gold ring of 583 proba...

Well, I will try to answer your questions as to the prices one might fetch. I do not have my catalog with me but using online resources I can tell you some auction prices realized for certain coin types.

For a 15 roubles 1897 graded AU 55 St. Petersburg Mint, one was sold in 2007 at 375.00 USD

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotviewer.ph...49&Lot=1299

For a 5 roubles 1899 graded roughly EF St. Petersburg Mint, one was sold in 2008 for 204.00 USD

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotviewer.ph...443&Lot=700

another in FDC was sold in 2008 for 889.00 USD

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotviewer.ph...432&Lot=952

you can use this website:

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/

to look up your coin and see what prices have been realized for coins like your and in the condition yours are in.

and dont sell the gold for melt value (by weight) you will get ripped off.

Russian gold from this period is worth more than the current $938.20 per ounce as of today. by at least a factor of 2x or 3x for common low grade, to much more for the rare and or high grade gold.

Need of money. When my grandmother gave it to me she said something like "when you grow up you can have a drink or smth" ;)

leave one coin in your gramma memory :ninja:

Agree with BKB, although lately coins have been sliding a bit. If graded and in MS 61 or higher, will bring over $1,000.

15 rubles in this condition may bring close to $1000 (give or take a couple of 100's).

You are going to need bigger images I think. I'm not saying they won't sell, but investing a little more time on the images could get you a lot more for your coins.

Regards

Steve

You are going to need bigger images I think. I'm not saying they won't sell, but investing a little more time on the images could get you a lot more for your coins.

Regards

Steve

Yes, you're absolutely right, but my scanner has very low dpi and dont want to bother my lads all the time. :ninja:

Yes, you're absolutely right, but my scanner has very low dpi and dont want to bother my lads all the time. ;)

Give them a 5% cut of whatever you make. For a few scans (which could get you several hundred dollars more) I'm sure they'd be quite happy to be bothered

:ninja:

Give them a 5% cut of whatever you make. For a few scans (which could get you several hundred dollars more) I'm sure they'd be quite happy to be bothered

:ninja:

I like to get several hundred dollars more. who doesn't ;) .

Archived