CoinPeople.com

Russian Balerina Coin

crevrac2

I have three Russian Balerina coins that are actually in a gold rim with a connecter at the top - like it should be worn on a chain. They are made of palladium, 25 rubies, uncirculated. The dates are 1989, 1990 and 1991. Is anyone familiar with these coins and can you tell me their value? Thanks so much for your help. These were my mother-in-laws and we have no idea what they're worth.

Palladium ballerinas are essentially bullion coins that track pretty close to the bullion price, although some do have a significant numismatic premium, especially the proofs which had low mintages in some years. If the coins were damaged in any way by the bezel, you are looking at strictly a bullion coin. If you are looking to sell the ideal time would have been last summer when Pd was over $400 the ounce. Now it is around $200.

I have three Russian Balerina coins that are actually in a gold rim with a connecter at the top - like it should be worn on a chain. They are made of palladium, 25 rubies, uncirculated. The dates are 1989, 1990 and 1991. Is anyone familiar with these coins and can you tell me their value? Thanks so much for your help. These were my mother-in-laws and we have no idea what they're worth.

agreed with the previous reply and wanted to add that you might have to find a buyer who has interest in both: coins adn coins as jewerly and may be you need to buy a nice chain for it ( i do not have a buyer)...good luck!

Disagreed - even when they are set in bezel, you can be looking at around 400USD. I have seen some palladium ballerina coins going at 400USD even with mounting damage.

disagreed to whom :ninja:

Disagreed - even when they are set in bezel, you can be looking at around 400USD. I have seen some palladium ballerina coins going at 400USD even with mounting damage.

Recently? Six months ago they would go for 400 because that's what the metal was worth.

Recently? Six months ago they would go for 400 because that's what the metal was worth.

so you know its price

• 2 weeks later...

i would wear at list one with a nice antique necless :ninja:

Archived