CoinPeople.com

The never ending "Unknown Purchase" Contest. "Ended"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, heres the hints. First off like I said the right country had been guessed in the first round. So make sure you pick from one of these countries.

Great Britain

U.S.A.

Russia

Panama

Mexico

France

Sweden

Peru

Edit You may also want to go thru and cut this list down some. If you follow the posts thru and see if I said the right country had been guessed and it does not show up on the list above you may be able knock some out.

Next remember all it takes is right country and right denomination. (Closest to date is needed in case of tie.) So when 1 cent was picked that covered everything from large cents flying eagles, indian, to present day lincolns.

I am not going thru and list all denominations already picked. You may want to do that though.

Now for the clues. Since the number of possible country and denominations are down date may be an important factor. The coin was minted from 1800 to 2000.

Also just to make sure no one thinks it might be a token, medal, or so called dollar. Its not. It was minted to be used as currency by the country. (BTW that cuts out stuff like silver eagles, etc.)

This is a just in case. If two people guess the country, denomination, and the dates are the same amount of years off the first post will win.

Example someone has guessed the right country and denomination then guesses 2007 and some one else also guesses the right country and denomination but guesses 2009. And the actual date is 2008 the first post would win. (That would also apply if two people said all country, denomination, and date the same.)

If you have any questions please post them before guessing.

Next end day Saturday. It will probably be early Houston Texas time so get your guesses in soon.

Ha - Somehow I thought Canada had been in that first round! :ninja: But your "right country/right denomination" clue was the one I was thinking of.

Now to go mull...

Everyone should double check my list also. I could have goofed up. I just did a quick run thru.

Mark, no one has gotten the denom correct, right? Just verifying.

Last few days I have been trying not to say much during the guessing period. I saw if I said too much or even said something it may be mis-interpeted. Also if I say something what may be a clue, it would be unfair to those who already guessed. But right no correct country and denomination. Just the country had been guessed. Saturday morning if no one has guessed correctly I'll give out another clue.

Archived