CoinPeople.com

Design your own* 50p!

Delta

The Royal Mint are holding another "design" a coin competition! This time for an Olympic 50p!

You get to choose from 27 extremely limited subjects and the person to get the design closest to the one they have probably allready decided on wins! :ninja:

Linkage!

May send a few of just for the sake of it ;)

They will I believe produce 27 coins but the comp is broken down into age sections as well as one section reserved for Blue Peter viewers (UK kids tv show)

They will I believe produce 27 coins but the comp is broken down into age sections as well as one section reserved for Blue Peter viewers (UK kids tv show)

Ah that'd make more sense why have 27 events to design for if only three events are to be chosen?

I'm rather intrigued as to what designs we will see, plus it'd be the first time the UK has had a big collection like this.

Hmm yeah, looks like I missunderstood. So 27 new 50p's :ninja:

There are 29 new coins planned,

27 will be designed by members of the public,

1 will be from a competition for secondary school children (Students 13-19)

1 will be from a Blue Peter competition (ages 6-12)

29 is such an odd amount I suspect the 30th will be the official logo....

I'm looking forward to the release data of March, then finding them in change all at once in December!

Hmm yeah, looks like I missunderstood. So 27 new 50p's :ninja:

TBH I did wonder meself, it's not clear straight off when you go on the website at first.

There are 29 new coins planned,

27 will be designed by members of the public,

1 will be from a competition for secondary school children (Students 13-19)

1 will be from a Blue Peter competition (ages 6-12)

29 is such an odd amount I suspect the 30th will be the official logo....

I'm looking forward to the release data of March, then finding them in change all at once in December!

29 ;) If that is the case then I imagine the 30th will have the logo. I'm quite looking forward to these actually, no matter how bad the designs may possibly be for some of them. It's the first time the UK have done something like this on such a big scale ;)

Archived