CoinPeople.com

New 2009 coins

numismatic nut

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my good friends returned from a trip to Ireland about a week ago, and I talked him into saving me some coins from his trip. There were a surprising number of '09s in there.

I've stopped collecting log splitters at this point because they are so plentiful and are starting to become circulated.

Finally received a log cabin cent today...still no quarters, and I've travelled all over the US :ninja:

EDIT- I forgot to add, I also received two 2009 William H. Harrison Prez $1s in change today also.

Ciao,

AWACS

I've now found 1, 5, 10, 50 kopecks and 1 rouble 2009 from the Saint-Petersburg Mint, and 10 kopecks and 2 roubles 2009 from the Moscow Mint. And here in Finland both, the regular and commemorative 2 euros 2009.

That's not awfully bad, but still less Russian coins than last year this time. No SPMD 5 or 2 rouble-pieces yet, not to mention the new nickel plated steel 1, 2, 5 roubles...

Now I'm waiting for the October, when a regular circulating 10 rouble coin will be issued :ninja:

969937.jpg

I stopped by the US Mint booth at D.C Union Station today and bought a 2009 Silver Proof and regular proof set. So at least I finally have samples of everything. I could not find any DC quarters in DC :ninja:

I like instant gratification so I bought in person instead of via the web, and I get to inspect before purchase!

Interestingly the had face value rolls of new 1 cent pieces. Not mint wrapped but plastic wrapped.

Ciao,

AWACS

Speaking of common log splitters Finn, I got two rolls from work the other day. They are really everywhere, but the cabins are starting to vanish...

I've noticed that as well. I think the hype about the "new cabin cents" stuck, even after the log splitters were released. People think they're rare and hoard them until they actually become rare.

I'm curious to see what's going to happen with the new "Professional" cents, now that they should theoretically be showing up in circulation.

Speaking of common log splitters Finn, I got two rolls from work the other day. They are really everywhere, but the cabins are starting to vanish...

Got 4 cents in change today. 3 cabins and one log splitter. Just the opposite. Strange part of it the log splitter already has green on it and darkened some. And the cabins fresh looking. Probably out of a recent roll.

• 1 month later...

I've gotten several 'D' DC quarters so far this year (one from the soda machine at work yesterday) and a 'D' American Samoa a couple of weeks ago. Also, among cents, a no-MM 'cabin', three 'D' 'cabins and a no-MM 'log'. No Dimes or Nickels yet. Just check the USMint's website for the production totals, they are JAW-DROPPINGLY low and nearly as many $1 coins have been made as quarters so far this year.

;)

OTOH, OODLES and OODLES of 2009 $1 coins of all varieties are flowing in change from the toll machines in the downtown Appleton parking ramps.

:ninja:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived