CoinPeople.com

Just got the new DC territorial quarter in change yesterday - Bluffton,SC.

Got a couple of those at a chinese buffet in change 3 weeks ago. :ninja:

I win?

P.S. If i knew it was a cool find i wouldn't have spent it on a hershey cookies and cream bar. (I must say it tasted amazing ;) )

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this thread was buried!

I found my first 2009 coin today!!!

A shiny, orange, log cabin cent!

May 28 - rather late date for a first 2009 coin considering I do actively search my change and I live in a good sized city in the mid-atlantic (i.e. not in the middle of nowhere). Shows you the state of the economy!

Major find at work today!!!!

I managed to pull two cabin cents out of my drawer, and (get this!) two log splitter cents!!!!! :ninja:

I guess I won't need to run to the bank quite as often until the next design comes out ;)

Rawr, and here I thought I would be the first to report a log splitter find.

Anyway, I made my bi-monthly run to the local banks and caught up Tyler, the log cabin cents, and both D.C. and P.R. quarters. I expect I'll be back for the log splitters seeing as I don't like the big fat thumb smudge in the middle of the one I got yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The search is on! To the fed banks! :ninja:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Two weeks ago in Grants, NM received 2009 cents in change. I inquired if he had any more and he gave me a roll for fifty cents

There are some dollars floating around and a few cents but nothing else. Got a nice full roll of Unc 1997 Roosevelts at the store the other day.

I got a Guam quarter today in change, first I've seen of it. I'm still trying to find a roll of Puerto Rico quarters, but who knows if I'll find one at the bank or not.

As for the Lincolns, no log splitters yet, plenty of cabins floating around.

I received one of the District Of Columbia state quarters yesterday in change.

I'm looking forward to getting at least one of the Puerto Rico quarters, which is actually a very nice design.

At this point, I'd say that the '09 log splitters have sufficiently saturated the pockets of everybody down here. I've got about 400 in their unbroken rolls, and 6-700 which were loose, but uncirculated. About one in five customers hands me a log splitter when they don't want any pennies back in change, and some of them are actually showing the signs of circulation.

How are things where you guys are? Any word on why the cabin cents are still as scarce as ever, but the log splitters are being passed around as change?

I've noticed that, too... the bank said that they've started putting the log splitters into mixed rolls instead of rolls on their own; maybe that has something to do with it?

Got the DC and PR territorial quarters, and also the first two new Lincoln pennies. But I'm in Europe and had to pay for them. :ninja: As for coins from here, I did get a €2 commem (10 Years Euro/EMU) DE 2009 in change. Not sure about circulation coins; I don't check those often ...

Christian

Got a roll of Tyler dollars at the bank -- not really a circulation find but they're still nice to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Lincoln Logs are everywhere in the Houston area. I have now received at least 30 in change over the last two weeks. I received a couple log cabins in Vero Beach, and Palm Beach Florida last Friday and Saturday. That is it for me :ninja:

still no quarters, though I have been out of the States much of the year.

Ciao,

AWACS