CoinPeople.com

SACs

Art

CoinWorld had an interesting article about this being the last year for the "original" SAC. There are only like 46 coins to make a complete set including the proofs and the Goodacre dollar. I can't believe that I have so few of these even though I have a SAC Dansco. I guess next year I'll have to get an Indian dollar Dansco.

The "new" Indian dollar still has the "Sac" obverse. I would say its the same series.

That's pretty much the way I was looking at it too. But the article makes a few good points.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a 1980 Mint Set so I got to put the 1980 PDS SBAs in my Dansco. I really wished more people liked these dollar coins. I have a friend who lives in NYC and uses about 200 a month just for things like tolls, parking, and public transportation. Very useful for that. He likes them for panhandlers too.

• 1 month later...
Just got a 1980 Mint Set so I got to put the 1980 PDS SBAs in my Dansco. I really wished more people liked these dollar coins. I have a friend who lives in NYC and uses about 200 a month just for things like tolls, parking, and public transportation. Very useful for that. He likes them for panhandlers too.

If I used as many as your friend does I wouldn't hesitate to order the new Native American series $1 coin from the US Mint, they come in either orders of 250 coins or 500. I still have to check a couple banks yet to see if anyone else has gotten them.

Not to be to much of a I hate those coin but I'd be glad if and when they stopped making them. No one I know uses them, saves them, wants them. I've already had my problems with trying to use them. Banks around me can't get rid of them. Just a big mistake attempting to make a dollar the size of a quarter.

Not to be to much of a I hate those coin but I'd be glad if and when they stopped making them. No one I know uses them, saves them, wants them. I've already had my problems with trying to use them. Banks around me can't get rid of them. Just a big mistake attempting to make a dollar the size of a quarter.

I use them, mainly for fun though, and I really wish the car wash I went to this past weekend allowed them. Then again, that place came into being before the Sacs made their appearance so I can understand how they would have not wanted to install a machine that would accept anything, but quarters.

I don't mean this as an "Attack" on you just carl, but I hear this "argument" often and I don't "get it". With the SBA, yes, i understand it, but with the SACs I don't.

Countries all over the world do it and people have no problem. Cents and Dimes are similar in size but people in the USA don't often confuse them do they? what about Cents and Nicks?

When I spent a couple months in Equador (where they use US currency and the dollar coin is the main form for singles) it was not a problem using the $1 nor confusing it with anything else.

I don't really think we need the stop the $1 bill argument here in this thread, I must say I don't see the argument for the coin being confusing, but that is just my OPINION. But I digress :ninja:

Ciao,

AWACS

Archived