CoinPeople.com

Dollar Coin Chain E-mail

sbvenman

I just got this email forwarded to me from my grandmother. It made me laugh. That third dimension really messes with people.

REFUSE NEW COINS

This simple action will make a strong statement.

Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you.

I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead.

The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so she had read this e -mail.

Please help out...our world is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!

U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

You guessed it

'IN GOD WE TRUST' I S GONE!!!

If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE

Together we can force them out of circulation..

Please send to all on your mailing list!!!

Thanks!

The religious nuts who started this still haven't figured out how to read the edge of the coin ... :ninja:

My grandma sent it to me today. I emailed her back of course and explained it all. I also requested any that she finds without in god we trust be sent to me...

My grandma sent it to me today. I emailed her back of course and explained it all. I also requested any that she finds without in god we trust be sent to me...

:ninja: Good for you. I recall sending an explanation of how there are some $1 coins that mistakenly did not have the edge writing and those are worth considerably more $$$. (Looks like Ebay still has a few being sold for around $50).

I wonder if there will ever be a time where the "Godless" coins become unpopular due to the finding that edge lettering wears off when in circulation for a number of years? Of course, in order for that to happen the coins have to be used in the first place. ;)

I got this same email from a coworker over a year ago. I sent him an explanation along with a picture. He thanked me and forwarded my email to everyone he had sent the first one to.

It still wont die.

I guess to combat this ignorance we must spend as many $1 coins as we can! :ninja:

Archived