CoinPeople.com

USA First Spouse Medals

Well after some hesitation LOL I decided to add these to my medal collection, at 1st I was not sure what the designs would be like never having bought a US Mint nedal but having seen them I was very plesantly suprised ;) These are what I have to date :ninja:

USA First Spouse Medals

2nd Presidency Abigail Adams 1797-1801

Abigail Adams writing the famous words “Remember the Ladies” to her husband when he was in the Second Continental Congress drafting the Declaration of Independence.

3rd Presidency 1801-1809

President Jefferson's grave marker at Monticello with the epitaph he requested to reflect his most significant accomplishments.

reproduction of the Draped Bust Half-Cent obverse designed by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Robert Scot (1793-1823) and minted in the early 1800s.

5th Presidency Elizabeth Monroe 1817-1825

Elizabeth Monroe at a reception marking the 1818 reopening of the White House after it had been burned during the War of 1812.

Portrait of Elizabeth Monroe.

6th Presidency Louisa Adams 1825-1829

Louisa Adams with her young son Charles on an arduous journey across much of Europe to join her husband in Paris.

portrait of Louisa Adams circa 1816

7th Presidency

President Andrew Jackson as the war hero “Old Hickory,” who led a force of approximately 4,000 troops against the British Army at the Battle of New Orleans.

Reproduction of the Capped Bust, Lettered Edge Half Dollar obverse coin design minted in the early 1800s.

I have a bunch of the US Mint US Presidents medals and for the most part they are quite nice. I've not seen the First Lady series in real life but they do look nice.

Archived