CoinPeople.com

Polushka 1734 (OVERSTRUCK Kopeke 1728)

SOMMER

picture

hello everybody ;)

i just asked you concerning overstruck coins.I know that a lot of types of 5 kopecks coins are overstruck.Iknow that some 2 kopecks or some roubles are too.

But concerning this coin,i never heard before an overstruck on a 1 kopeck coin, particularly for creating a polushka

Could someone help me concerning this type of coin ,with more precision (i search ,but don t find really something).And for enlarge the discussion, talk about not commons overstrucks.

thank you in advance ;)

Regards from france :ninja:

jean

picture

hello everybody ;)

i just asked you concerning overstruck coins.I know that a lot of types of 5 kopecks coins are overstruck.Iknow that some 2 kopecks or some roubles are too.

But concerning this coin,i never heard before an overstruck on a 1 kopeck coin, particularly for creating a polushka

Could someone help me concerning this type of coin ,with more precision (i search ,but don t find really something).And for enlarge the discussion, talk about not commons overstrucks.

thank you in advance ;)

jean

Actually, a lot of polushkas of the early 1730's are made out of the 1728 kopeeks. Dengas are made out of the Peter's kopeeks. I think there are some rare polushkas (1730?) struck on a Peter's large denga flans.

picture

hello everybody ;)

thank you in advance ;)

jean

They do exist. Not rare at all. I have a few with traces of Moscow 1 kop (remnants of design elements or edge) Those that were not re-edged are not very common. I am still looking for one.

Archived