CoinPeople.com

Colorful Eisenhower Commemorative Toner

halfdollar

Looks to me like it is still in the 1990 Prestige mint set. IIRC, mine has also toned, but not this spectacularly! :ninja:

Yes, it did come from a Prestige mint set.

And, thanks everyone for your nice comments.

I'm going to send this one to PCGS for images and grade.

Here's my final image.

e041574b.jpg

I'm going to send this one to PCGS for images and grade.

Let us know how it grades ... ;) (although I really don't think they can improve on your pictures! :ninja: )

I always wondered, though, if it isn't better to keep these coins together in the original set? I know that they sell for much less today than the U.S. mint's original issuing price; but perhaps you can get a premium because of the toning?

I have some GSA CC-mint Morgans (1882-1884) which are still in their holders and have the paperwork, too. No toning to speak of there; all are still blast-white. Don't think they would grade any higher than MS-63 or thereabouts (MS-62 for two of them, maybe MS-64 for the nicest one). But they are staying in the GSA holders for now.

Let us know how it grades ... ;) (although I really don't think they can improve on your pictures! :ninja: )

I always wondered, though, if it isn't better to keep these coins together in the original set? I know that they sell for much less today than the U.S. mint's original issuing price; but perhaps you can get a premium because of the toning?

I have some GSA CC-mint Morgans (1882-1884) which are still in their holders and have the paperwork, too. No toning to speak of there; all are still blast-white. Don't think they would grade any higher than MS-63 or thereabouts (MS-62 for two of them, maybe MS-64 for the nicest one). But they are staying in the GSA holders for now.

I would definitely keep the GSA CC-mint Morgans. They can be graded in the holders and in most

cases bring a premium.

Whereas the 1990 Prestige set with this commemorative left inside would bring a small premium

but would bring much better money in a holder by itself. In my opinion

Archived