CoinPeople.com

One of the original Gangut roubles here?

bobh

Here's what might be one of the original strikes:

Gangut rouble, 1914

Neither side of the coin looks like it could have been struck from proof dies. The different "novodel" strikes, according to the reference by V.V. Kazakov, always have either the obverse or the reverse as proof (and presumably, sometimes both). Since the restrikes were also done some time after the revolution, it is highly unlikely that any of them would have seen this much circulation, IMHO.

I have saved the images to my computer for further reference. Looks authentic as to the design. What do you think? :ninja:

Here's what might be one of the original strikes:

Gangut rouble, 1914

Neither side of the coin looks like it could have been struck from proof dies. The different "novodel" strikes, according to the reference by V.V. Kazakov, always have either the obverse or the reverse as proof (and presumably, sometimes both). Since the restrikes were also done some time after the revolution, it is highly unlikely that any of them would have seen this much circulation, IMHO.

I have saved the images to my computer for further reference. Looks authentic as to the design. What do you think? :ninja:

I'm not shore about authenticity. ;)

Archived