CoinPeople.com

This doesn't look right at all

KoRnholio

Advertised as an NGC AU-50 grade 1926 Canadian Nickel, far 6 variety (the significantly more rare version).

The grade is utterly wrong. It would be a stretch to grade that coin F-15 let alone AU. I can't tell definitively based on the reverse pics if it's even the far 6 variety.

Onto the slab itself. I don't know that much about slabs, but those white parts on the seal seem suspect. Many of my NGC slabs (with properly graded coins in them) have some spots like that, but none as bad as this one. Thoughts?

EDIT- I took another look at it, and I don't see any way this is legit. I reported the item to Ebay, we'll see if they do anything about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

0aa5_3.JPG

Onto the slab itself. I don't know that much about slabs, but those white parts on the seal seem suspect. Many of my NGC slabs (with properly graded coins in them) have some spots like that, but none as bad as this one. Thoughts?

I noticed them right away. They look too large in my opinion but I don't have the coin in hand. They may have just soldered the case together.

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

Reserve still wasn't met. Zero response from Ebay since I reported this item 4 days ago. Funny how Ebay is so quick to pull down my auctions when I forgot to change my return policy (where I mentioned slabbed coins, including PCI as one of the types) that had nothing to do with the item in question...

Archived