CoinPeople.com

Mexican Giveaway

Win this Constitutionalist Army revolutionary 5 centavos from Chihuahua and a mystery coin from Mexico. Just list your favorite Mexican food on this thread. If you don't like Mexican food, list another favorite food that isn't common table fare in the US. The winner will be randomly chosen from all those who post next Saturday evening (Nov. 15)

1915chihuahua1.jpg

1915chihuahua2.jpg

I'm not a fan of Mexican food so i can't even think of any dishes that aren't common, so I'll break the rules and go for a common dish -

Quesadilla

Oh, and thanks, Bhawk!

I took a little trip to Tijuana a long time back and stopped at a street vender and bought some type of burrito. Some kind of green stuff and a mystery meat. At least I think it was meat. I was great tasting but glad I never asked what it was made of. ;) Guess that would have to be my favorite mexican food if I had to choose even though I don't know what it was. :ninja:

Steven

Mmm... I already have an example of this coin, so you don't have to include my name in the drawing.

But having lived in San Antonio for twelve years now, Mexican food is something like half my diet. What isn't good? But right now, with the onset of our cool weather (It doesn't get cold here.) Chicken Tortilla soup is excellent. :ninja:

The only mexican products I've seen here are the Corona beer, tequilla and some Levi's jeans. No food... but I am proud to present you the "sarmale" - the best romanian traditional food.Picture and recipe in english here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danagrad/1423839292/

The contest is over! Each poster was assigned a number based on their posting sequence, then an on-line random numbers generator was used to select one number from the lot.

The winner is poster #1 - Siluska. Siluska, please PM me your address and I'll get the two coins out in the mail.

Thanks for playing. :ninja:

PS...thanks for the responses (and recipe) - it gave me some new ideas for foods to try.

Archived